Beiträge von snadge

Hello everyone, I'm a brand, spanky new registered user even though I have owned my rack XL since they were released.

A little about myself, I have a home studio, been making music for around 30 years now, mainly for my own pleasure, I have had quite a bit of stuff released over the years but am not really interested in being 'famous', most of my gear is analog routed through a MOTU 424 system with 32 analog in/outs, I use Cubase as my sequencer and love modular, hands on stuff. I have a lot of redundant gear now, I sell nothing lol but I need to offload a bit.

I love my XL sound but would love some help in programming it, it is just too 'cold' for me when trying to create sound that I would use, the sound is great but The menu system is dirge and soundiver frustrates me, my post in the help section is my first post.

My favorite bit of kit is actually the Nord Modular which over the years has inspired me to build a Eurorack system which I am in the process of doing, I hope I will keep the Virus as the sound is amazing, I just want to be able to program my own sound easier.

Hello everyone, although having owned my Virus rack XL since purchased new I have never really used it, it sounds great but I hate using presets, after 10 years in mothballs I have decided to give it another try, installed Sound Diver Virus and tried to 'get into' it, I failed miserably, the menu system is not really intuitive enough for me and Sound Diver Virus is one useless piece of you know what I mean.

My question today is, are their any other editors that I can use to help me explore this amazing synth or should I just flog it and buy some modules for my modular?

When I say editors, there is no way for example I will pay 600 quid for midiquest, I prefer cheaper alternatives or is there a newer version of Sound diver I can upgrade to?