Beiträge von passionPunch

What are your settings for plug-ins in Ableton? When you go to Preferences>File Folder, is it set to Use VST Plug-In Custom? Or System? If its in system, you need to go to Library>Audio>Plug-Ins>VST and confirm the Virus TI.vst is there. (I thought it used to be in Application Support but with the Mavericks update I guess they changed it). If its not you clearly need to re-install it. If it is, I too have had this issue. Best thing to do is close Ableton, get it to rescan (Filer Folder section again). If it doesn't show up then restart your computer and try it again. I haven't had this problem with 9, only 8 so hopefully that works.

If you still can't get it to show up, the best thing you can do is grab some 1/4 inch cables, and just directly plug it in to your Focusrite. To get that to work, you'll need to go to Instruments under Categories. Open a session of External Instrument. You'll need to select what midi device you'll be using (If you have more than one), set the midi channel to the corresponding one your virus is sending on. Then lastly you need to select the audio source, so whatever one you plug it into your Focusrite! Should look something like this: http://imgur.com/41Q76Nm

Let us know if anything works!