Beiträge von madstyle

Recently, I was successfully synchronizing my Macbook + Access Virus Ti (Virus Control + Ableton Live) with a PC (Windows 7) working with Cubase! His Midi out was connected to Virus Midi in (Delay time +40 ms)! Ableton Live in Slave Mode (Ext)!!! But it was only working so tide because of one feature in Cubase, which prevents the sending of the bar position (or so)! This article possibly goes deeper in this topic (I'm not working with Cubase) http://www.soundonsound.com/so…/articles/cubasenotes.htm

However, I think it is a similar problem with the Virus Control in Ableton, because if you work in Loop Mode it jumps from Bar 9 to Bar 1 and then, the Virus goes out of sync ;)

Hopefully you got this information. Maybe, someone can explain it more clearly.

It is not possible to control the filter bank frequency via soft knobs or other controller! It is a missing feature, indeed! Please make it possible to change this issue. I will control and record the frequency of the filter bank. It is one of the highest dedicated, most dramatic change of a sound, I need it on my controller. There is no work around with Ableton so far :(

Also mentioned here:
    http://virus.info/forum/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=4001

Ah, now I see. I've got also big problems with Audio Crash (Digital Noise), but I thought it comes from a CPU overload and or my Firewire Soundcard (Edirol FA 101). The USB connection for the Virus Ti2 is next to this Firewire connection and like all Notebooks it becomes hot in that area. When this Audio Crash with slowing down the tempo and extreme distorted sound occurs, it seems to help when I move the Firewire cable. I'm not sure if this is the source of the problem. I never tried to work without the Virus in order to check if the problem comes from this gear. It's a good idea to check out other USB ports. For the Virus Ti2, I use the single port on the left side of my notebook. On the back side I've got three another USB ports connected to hub (hub is connected to 4 devises) and the other two USB ports are also in use with several devises. I'm not sure if changing all the USB connections will bring that much advances?

Hi,

I can understand your frustration and yes, there are some issues they have to be fixed! But, although I'm also a very critical person that agree with the most points (async of seq. when using the VST in the DAW), I would never sell my Access Virus Ti2 and my Ti Snow! After I got my Ti-Snow for 2 years, I bought another Ti2 without selling the Snow ;) I almost use the Virus in the way that works well for me. So, I unfortunately never use Arps and Sequences of the Virus. But there are almost workarounds: When I create an Arp, I record the Midi notes and arrange them as I need. Sequences I create in my DAW and the modulation curves as well! You will never find an alternative synth for that price with this wide spectrum of sounds and the high flexibility to use it with the DAW (full Midi implementation). There is a very high number of sounds (presets) available and it is very easy to save and organize them! I can tell you from my perspective, that the Virus Ti is the best one and hopefully a new update will fix the timing issues with the Arps and sequences using the VST in the DAW (Ableton Live). Also number of voices when using it in unison mode is quickly exhausted, but still, my CPU has enough power left to load a nice VST-synth from another company ;) All that you can consider. But, do what you want to do! Because of people like you, I got my Virus Ti2 for a good price ;)

All the best

Thank you Marc for the quick answer! That is a pity but is it possible to provide this routing feature in a future update? Or is this impossible with the hardware architecture? Maybe, only some changes with the driver will bring this feature??? This will be of high value for people, who don't want to use an additional soundcard with multiple out for live performances with external effect units! To have the virus as soundcard with routing option to 3 outs would be a great feature - So this is my feature request :thumbup:

Hi,

I wondered about that I can only set 1 stereo analog out (out 1/2) in the audio option in Ableton Live. I want to use the Access Virus Ti2 as soundcard in Ableton together with Virus Control for Live performance. I would like to stream audio or VST synth thru the output 2 or 3 in order to use a Kaoss Pad III. I don't want to stream the virus thru these outputs (I know how this works) because of latency! So, as I understand, the Access Virus Ti 1/2 is a soundcard with only one main out. Is it possible to use this as soundcard with 3 outs? Did I miss something, a driver or so? Because I used a Ti snow before! But the Virus Control is recognizing it as Virus Ti!

Hope to get some help!

I also have got this problem with my Edirol FA-101 (Firewire). I feel much more people might have this problem as well! So why not add the feature that enables me to adjust the buffer size (odd value) in Virus Control??? Because all of us cannot change their value with different soundcards to 256, 512 etc..

Hope there will be a solution in near future because I suppose these are reasons for the sync problems with Arps!!!

BY NEUROTONAL

Hallo,

There is so much good music in the internet and therefore some new artists will be hidden for the community even they would like it very well. However, I’m not a newcomer, started at 1998 to produce my own music (Jungle/Drum and Bass), but didn’t release any track. Some years later, Chillout, IDM, Electronica stuff from Madstyle came out as net releases at phonocake.org, kahvi.org and crazy language as well. My first track with the Access Virus Ti Snow got the 3. place at musician contest at mushroom magazine 2009 (Chillout) (Mushroom Magazine)

Now I started a new project with Minimal Dub Tech, Tech House production. Without any “advertisement” like this, nobody will keep attention to Neurotonal. I’m sure you will like some peaces you can listen at Soundcloud. If you like what you hear, I would be happy about your support!!!

I know that not everybody seems to have timing glitches when using arpeggiator via Virus control plugin and using analog outs! Maybe I’m wrong, because not everybody is using the Virus in the same way ;)

Ok, I don’t have the possibility to use a powerful PCI-USB card, which might be a solution, because I use a notebook (2x2.2 Ghz, quick harddisk, Windows XP and therefore 3 GB RAM). I think that’s matter and right there are some peripheries I’m using via USB too. However, using the Virus Ti Snow with Virus control, you can use all the USB outs without timing problems if you arrange your Midi sequence in the sequencer host you are using (Ableton Live 8.2.1). I tried all possibilities (Live mode on/off, latency compensation on/off, manual latency time correction (but latency is not the problem I’m talking about), different buffer length with Edirol FA 101 Firewire I also tested.

If you want to use arps perfect in time using analog outs, then you must use the virus like a hardware synth without software plugin. Try to use the internal clock, which is stable independent how many effects you are using in your patch or changing many parameters in real-time!

The disadvantage is for example, that it is impossible to record changes of LFO timing (1/4-1/8-1/16…) to midi, only rate without Clock divider! And it isn’t as handy as controlling the virus via software.

Would it be possible to integrate the opportunity of changing the clock to internal, selecting the BPM you need via Virus Control? I think the answer is no. Maybe you ask why it should be necessary.

I hope you understand what I mean because of my unprofessional English skills. Many people are suffering the time glitches independent from soundcard, peripheries, MAC or PC, Host Ableton, Cubase, Logic whatever, Virus OS 3 or 4 or 4.5.

In any situation the virus have to correct its clock which is received from the host midi clock, and of course there is sometimes a lot of traffic and sometimes very low, that is a challenge for the time correction. An internal virus clock for the sequences in the virus control and the rest can be kept as it is could be the main solution for everybody.

Hello,

I already read the part in the new manual:

"Direct monitoring mode
    Direct monitoring can be enabled by clicking on the “D” button in the part bar on the left in Virus Control. This mode switches any part to the analogue outputs and ensures that the sound travels directly from the sound engine to those, bypassing the sequencer. This mode undoubtedly results in the smallest possible latency and feels the most snappy while recording a performance, but there is a mayor disadvantage to it: every note coming from the sequencer on this part will be played back too early by roughly 1/16 note (@120 bpm). Especially when you overdub, it is not advisable to use direct monitoring."

OK, I use an external soundcard (Edirol FA-101), which is connected to an analogue mixer. The analogue out of the Virus is connected to Korg Kaoss Pad III, which is also connected to the mixer!!! The midi clip playing the notes is adjusted to + 80 ms, I mentioned the latency is now compensated. Another way is to switch off the latency compensation of Ableton Live, but then my clavia nord modular is not in sync any more. So what is the problem of the Virus Ti, that latency compensation is not working as it does it for the Nord Modular G2 (also connected to the mixer)? On the other hand, the USB out because of total integration is working without latency of course but not helpful to me when I want to frickel with Korg Kaoss Pad III.

"…mayor disadvantage… (roughly 1/16 note (@120 bpm)" that is not helpful information if you work @ other tempo settings :)

Actually I didn't use direct monitor mode for the snow, I set the output to the analogue output instead of USB-outs! What's the difference? Would be helpful, if there would be a solution, which is reproducible for every Ti-user working with the Virus in a more advanced setup!

I just got the idea that it could be nice and easy as well to integrate a morph fader, in order to morph between two or more sounds. What you think about this? With other words, two or more Patches are played multitimbral and you can blend from one Patch into the other) so you can create nice, very complex Pad sounds!!!

OK, it is possible to do this by using the volume fader of the patches, but it is not the same!

http://www.myspace.com/seelensolo

I've never had problems with automation of cutoff, resonanz and so on in Ableton 8, but I have problems with automation of controller like (filter) amount in LFO section! For example, if you want to control OSC01-tune by LFO03, the amount knob can not be added in automation in Ti control. So, is there any possibility for using those parameters for automation? Thank you for any helpful advices!

Hello,

I own a Virus Ti Snow and I would like to use the analogue outputs connected to an external mixer, but I have extreme Timing (synchronisation) problems with it. Using USB-connection of the virus, everything is in time. I use a Firewire Soundcard (Edirol FA-101) which is connected to an analogue mixer and the Virus is also connected to that mixer, so there shouldn't be any problem with delay time, isn't it?
    But I already read the thread about the quality of analogue out vs. USB out. Is this because the synchronisation in my host (Ableton Live is at 44.1 kHz and 16 Bit (audio clock) and Virus out is 192khz 24/bit. Where I can find the config menu where I can set audio clock to (44.1, 48 khz or synced host). Is it relevant for my problem or where is the mistake. Thank you very much for any help in that issue. I never used the live mode, anything else I have to take care (audio clock, midi clock of the virus???). Where I can change this? I thought, when I use the analogue outs it automatically change the setting and connecting to a mixer, not soundcard input, no delay time should be compensated.