Beiträge von malcolm_j

Got a chance to test the Virus connected to MIDIOX. The last note I played from the Virus was a C4. In the space of an hour, Virus generated the following MIDI messages all by itself:

000D04A9 1 -- 90 24 22 1 C 2 Note On
    000D04AA 1 -- 90 24 18 1 C 2 Note On
    000D04AE 1 -- 90 24 00 1 C 2 Note Off

and

0006E0AE 1 2 E0 00 66 1 --- Pitch Bend
    0006E0B6 1 2 E0 60 40 1 --- Pitch Bend
    0006E0C2 1 2 E0 00 40 1 --- Pitch Bend

Ghosts in the machine. :evil:

Resurrecting this old thread, I have finally tracked down the source of "ghost notes" in my setup to my Virus Ti 2 Keyboard.

I recently added a Cirklon as the heart of my studio. It acts as the master MIDI router and clock, and all other devices sync to it, with all keyboards set to "Local off". This works great, as I can select a track on the Cirklon, and play the instrument that's assigned to that track from any connected keyboard or controller.

When I leave my gear turned on but inactive - i.e. I'm away from the gear doing something else - I've come back several times to find sustained ghost notes playing on whatever instrument is currently selected. Through a process of elimination I've finally identified the Virus as the culprit. Pressing the panic buttons on the Virus clears the problem.

For what it's worth, I upgraded to the latest OS on Saturday, so that hasn't fixed this bug.

Cheers,

Malcolm.

When tweaking knobs live. It would be a great feature to use the panic button to reset all knobs to original patch levels after you got way to insane on the knobs :D
    Instead of cutting notes. It's fast... and this way your sound will get back in the mix like it was before :) by a simple click :)

This would be a very useful TOOL on stage. Don't you think Access?

Resurrecting this old thread because I'm a new Virus Ti2 Keyboard owner and I'm really surprised to find there is no way to reset the changes you've made to a preset, without swapping to another preset and back.

My preference would be to have the preset revert to the original settings by pressing the Exit key (to the left of the LCD display) a given number of times.