Beiträge von timedout

Hi Marc

Yes I think that because im using an external soundcard (Focustire Pro10) that Logic reports more than 2 midi ins/outs. And it does seem like maybe an issue with the midi server in OSX as you mentioned.

Do you mean disable sleep mode in the virus or osx? I cant find how to do that within the virus, but Ive turned off sleep mode and disk sleep in osx ;)

Thanks for your reply mate, i'll log a case soon I think.

Hi Techno,

When I rescan it finds the virus' midi inputs and outputs, and i can see the midi note activity in Logic, but no sound comes from the Virus until I soft reboot it unfortunately. I hope someone has an idea whats going on, its pretty painful. But one thing I just noticed is its intermittent, doesn't always happen. Several times a day though..

Thanks

Hi Guys,

I got a Virus Ti2 Polar yesterday but when I walk away from my computer for 10 minutes, then come back to carry on OSX pops up and informs me via a notification that my midi inputs and outputs have changed. It seems that it changes from using the Virus' USB midi over to using no midi hardware.

The OSX notification says " the number of MIDI inputs and outputs have changed, now 0 inputs and 0 outputs are available".

To fix this i power off/on the Virus, which seems to give me back the ability to enter midi notes and consequently gives me back sound. And a notification pops up saying I now have 3 inputs and 3 outputs available.

Im using Logic Pro X on Mavericks 10.9.2, with the latest Virus Control software (5.0.8.00). This issue happens when using the Virus as the main soundcard (core) and also when I use my external soundcard as the main audio output.

It seems like maybe something is going to sleep and impacting the midi drivers, has anyone seen this type of behaviour before or can anyone help please?

Thanks!

Hi Guys

I hope this hasnt been asked too much already, I have had a look but cant fins specific answers to my questions.. So here I go..

I have just got my Virus Polar and Im very happy with it, but setting it up in Logic Pro X (Mavericks 10.9.2) is getting the better of me. I am setting it up by selecting a 16 channel multitimbral software instrument in Logic, then adding Virus Control to the first of the tracks, then in the mixer I click the plus signs and get the 3 channels that are available to use. This is all good but below are the things I cant seem to work out how to do:

1) Mutes dont work, they mute everything, is the only option to use the ob/off button in Logic?
    2) Virus Control has Mute, but is there a Solo? Right now I'm clicking mute a lot when I want to solo a single patch in Virus Control.
    3) When I add a Logic Midi Effect it effects all 3 stereo output channels, but i want to be able to add midi effects to individual instruments.
    4) Do I need to have Plugin Latency Compensation on or off? When I turn it off as described in one of the virus manuals the virus sounds dont play in time with other non-virus sounds (e.g. drum loops).

One good thing compared to lets say Omnisphere is that automation seems to work very nicely multitimbrally :)

Let me know if you need any more info and thanks for your help!

Timedout...