Beiträge von SERDJ

Just for your info - i have checked. and everywhere is 44.1 KHZ. The difference was only in 32-bit...and 16 bit in project. BUt the same distorted sound during recording.
    So i've lost couple weeks already and still nothing. And i am also surprised on service level of Access. Here is the current topic... and please be patient to solve the issue here. Not only for me.. foe everybody. But - in fact... It os very pity :(
    Still no result .. with the latest iMac, with the latest OS of Virus and the latest OSX....

Good luck for those whose still struggling...

Serdj - you have USB related issues. probably it is a matter of which port you choose and maybe a combination of things related to other USB devices. try a USB2 hub in between the Virus and the Mac and contact support by email, we'll work with you on your setup.
    best, marc

Hi Marc, i've connected Virus TI via USB2.0 Hub. Re-Install 5.0.8 package. Then:
    When i open Cubase Elements --> Add VST Instrument--> Choose Virus TI and Virus Control opening with the following Message

Inside VC

MIDI Driver failed

The MIDI driver failed to start or is not installed. Try to reinstall software e.t.c....

1. please read the Setup Guide if you haven't already. in which way does the clipping of other plug-ins relate to the latency problem? please elaborate? in any case, the clipping happens within the mixer, it does not happen within the sound card. you need to make sure that your mix is not to _hot_
    2. if you record, makes sure that you record in real time and you don't do an offline bounce.

best, marc

Hi Marc, thank you for reply.
    I am not a new user of Virus... so...

1. I've carefully read the manual you provided on the site before put the topic here. As i said, i am launching Cubase with the empty project. Add only one VST instrument, Omnisphere (as an example) and the sound is clipping from time to time. Sorry for my language, it's not the "red" clip, it's a short of noises, which i heard when my old PC was overloaded... and i had to change latency e.t.c..... Maybe you can advice the proper sapmle rate, buffer size or something else. The congfig is quite fresh (iMac i mean).... Intel 3,2GHZ, 8 GB RAM.

2. Yes, sure, i did the realtime record, as i did before... I will try to check 44 and 48 as adviced here... And let you know on results.

Regards,

Serdj

Hi thetechnobear!

Thank you very musch for the reply!
    I will try to test what you proposed. Especially to check the 44 and 48 Khz in the Mac setup.
    Of course if it will solve the issue - i will put the note here on that to inform people... and suppurt of course.

Actually one more thing highlighting - i use Virus as soundcard and as a MIDI device, for others VST.
    In case of new external Soundcard i have to plug MIDI in into that... and then to Virus, or, maybe it will work automatically. My MIDI-keybord also have USB connection... but it will be not so good for, once again, Virus USB connection... Aaaargh))))

The good news for me that you guys here are very friendly - and it is very helpful!! :)

P.S.

I've tried to use USB 2.0 Hub... but as a result - Virus Control didn't connect to the VST stack :( It opens with the message about "You cannot use the DAW beacuse of MIDI errors..." something like that). After that, i've returned Virus to the main iMac USB connections.

Dear Technical Support and all the happy Virus users.

I've already put some info in Mavericks users thread, but i think it's better to start the new thread with the current Hardare Setup.
    Actually let's start with the good news - i've the brand new iMac 27" on Mavericks already! 2014 year, happy. But, not with Virus TI for now...

I've downloaded the latest 5.0.8 Virus OS. Everything installed clear. :thumbup:
    Allright - now we have the latest Virus OS and MacOSX. What next? :thumbup:

I've got the Cubase Elements 7. What can i do with this setup for now.

1. I can user Virus as a SoundCard... For the VST's with latency issues (tried to use Core Audio and Bit Accurate...the same picture). The plugins are clipping from time to time (Omnishphere, Nexus...) :thumbdown:
    2. I can connect Virus TI as VST plugin using Virus Control... But cannot record any sound in the Cubase Project. After recording - the result is the Noisy Distortioned track... :thumbdown: :thumbdown:
    3. I have no any external soundcards due to use Virus for many years before as sound card and was happy... :S

What i can do now?
    Should i have to buy soundcard now?

Some recomendations are very and highly appriciated... :( I know that you can start kidding, however, it is not so fun...

Hi all, it is very pity that i cannot use TI without issues.
    Anyway, i have the Bradn new iMac 27".

I have installed the latest OS on my Virus TI 5.0.8

I have the following picture. For Cubase Elements 7.
    I can use Virus TI as a VTS instrument. But cannot record the track inside the project.
    Maybe its about the same described issue. But, can you please advice something?!

To be clear, i am connecting TI as VST instrument, create a midi track and record the roll.
    After that i am adding one more track, audio track and play that virus track and wanna record it as audio.
    But the recorded result is a sort of distortioned noise...

Regards,

Virus user