Beiträge von spanda

So same thing on Sierra 10.12.6 :(

Fresh install. Virus software installs first time. Had both Virus's plugged in to make sure firmware was all ok, all ok.

Boot logic, Virus Ti crashes AU Validation.

Now try to open Virus Control get driver mismatch.

Uninstall and download new installer as above.

Installer crashes as before.

Another day down the Virus plughole..

Crash reports below consistent between all OS's on all 4 Mac's

Virus Control Plug-In Crash.pdf

Installer Crash.pdf

Hey all

I've ben using a Ti for more than 10 years, worked though many issues over the years but currently totally stumped.

Recently trying to install OS 5.1.7.00 on High Sierra. This has happened on a fresh install on my Mac Pro with a currently working OS (also High Sierra) on another drive.

Basically installer crashes when looking for attached Viruses. No matter if there is one connected or not, Have a Polar 1 and a Desktop 1, same on both.

This has happened on fresh installs, old installs. 4 Different Macs, 2010 Mac Pro, 2011 15" Macbook Pro, Late 2013 15" Macbook Pro, 2012 13" Macbook Pro.

All issues on SSD drives so APFS volumes.

All ok on some installs until Virus plugin started to crash Logic X, tried to reinstall then after crash any attempt to load plugin crashes any App. Also after 2 complete fresh installs, all other plugs for my system, days and days, agh!! Original still working system (on slow HDD) has all the same plugs plus a fair bit more..

Possible related Directory issue with APFS volumes. Some unrepairable issues seem to be consistent.

So.. Rolled back one install to HFS+ so I could fully repair Directory, success there but... No change

Have deleted everything Ti related and reinstalled, No change

Cleared all Caches, inc. deep system possibly related.No change

Disabled SIP and Gatekeeper

Currently upgrading HFS+ volume with Archive and Install method... Done... testing... Crash :(

Will install a copy of Sierra so I can write some music (on a reasonably fast SSD install) for now!!

Anyone else experienced this? is there a Virus in My Virus installer??? :)

Any help much appreciated, business, relationship and children don't leave much time for music (sanity!!) so this much downtime and troubleshooting (I fix other peoples Macs and mobile tech for a living) is getting somewhat frustrating.

Yes I'm in discussion with support via email, no such there so far and thanks to Access support for replying.

Cheers

hugo

Volume is subjective.. More harmonics, compression, vocal range eq etc. will all change your perception of volume.

You would need a calibrated monitoring system and some constant to judge loudness by to do it by ear.

With meters Average SPL (RMS equating to the 300ms response time of human hearing) would give perception related balance, peak metering would give a false reading in relation to standard volume..

Best mix away balancing with "Patch Volume" and save that way, then default volume settings would give balanced results. Perhaps some velocity sensitivity would give you an on the fly level adjustment for live use too..

<p>Randomly logic keeps reloading Ti driver. Askes if I want to use Ti for audio.</p>

<p>Once it starts it seems to keep asking... Fix : restart logic or synth. &nbsp;</p>

<p>Usually accompanied by communication error dialog box.</p>

<p>Frequency say once every session of a few hours.. Also sync is more oftern out than in, need to stop play a lot.</p>

<p>&nbsp;</p>

<p>&nbsp;</p>

<p>&nbsp;</p>

<p>&nbsp;</p>

<p>&nbsp;</p>

Hi Access Music :)

Would be great to be able to set parameters by Milliseconds and see Cutoff as Hz.

Especially helpful setting LFO's by time as 0-127 is next to impossible to get at exact intervals so Matrix assignments can be used with perfect intervals. i.e 1/2 note set LFO does not respond to Matrix LFO speed.

Plenty of other ways in which detailed display would be helpful and would keep the Ti at the top for longer!!

Do the knobs on Ti hardware have higher resolution that 7 bit?

Does the Ti run internally on midi or controller data?

Cheers

Hugo

IMO it's a great idea. but, unfortunately beyond what's technical possible with this hardware. sorry.

best, marc

IMO it's a great idea. but, unfortunately beyond what's technical possible with this hardware. sorry.

best, marc

Hi Marc

Apologies this is revisiting ran old thread... Was wondering if this was possible?

Can you elaborate a little on why? Is a not DC coupled Ti inputs and outputs thing? If so Expert Sleepers have added a Silent Way plugin to get around this issue. Could something like that be done?

Would be amazing to have a mod matrix source and destination for CV's

Cheers

Hugo

Has caused logic to quit unexpectedly twice since install. Never experiences VC crash Logic before. Was tweaking some fairly busy pre recorded automation, just got it perfect too and lost a few minutes of work :-(, the second crash and didn't note usage the first time. Sync seemed better (best ever actually) in the first v5 beta.

Will continue to monitor and report if more issues.

Disk utility report is clean.. no other changes since install..

Ti Polar and Desktop both v1
    Logic 9.1.7
    Mac Pro
    Processor 2 x 2.4 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon
    Memory 14 GB 1066 MHz DDR3 ECC
    Software Mac OS X Lion 10.7.4 (11E53)