Beiträge von AlexRai

I have more or less the same problem.

It works perfectly fine in Cubase 8.30 Win7/64 in a fresh project... right until you make some progress in the track, then the project starts to get really unstable. Also trying to add the virus to a mature project in the VST Rack causes instant crashes most of the time. Sometimes the project won't even open until you shut off the virus. ASIO Guard is off so that's not the problem.

It helped somewhat for me to get a powered USB 2.0 Hub and connect it to a USB 2.0 port. Only the virus goes to the hub, and the hub is the sole connection on a USB 2.0 PCI card. At least it's usable now.

This system is a bit unstable in the USB department, not sure if Windows or Mobo setting, or whatever but regardless the Virus worked flawlessly with Cubase 5 even without a hub.

Well turns out it was not sorted but after much agony I connected a powered USB 2 hub into a USB 2 PCI card with the virus as the only thing connected to the hub. AISO guard off as well.

It seems to be running fantastic in new projects in the new configuration but for whatever reason it still continues to crash my current project every time I insert it as a rack unit, even prior backups it does not agree with. I can live with this though, it will run in Midi until this project is completed then I will hope for the best in future projects.

It's using a braided cable but thanks for that

I think after some playing around it's actually the USB3 connection that it doesn't like, I managed to get it running well over a USB2 port so I may just swap PCI cards and stick to USB2 for now. seems strange because it was perfectly working fine in Cubase 5 on the same USB3 Card and now on Cubase 8 it has all kinds of problems.

If you have suggestions that would be great, I was more curious if I was the only one experiencing this issue with Cubase 8.

It's a 64 Bit i5 with 16 gigs of ram running windows 7. It's normally hooked up to a USB3 PCI card as the sole device, I've tried other USB2 ports and it still seems unstable (just tried again and crashed cubase on a USB2).

Virus OS is 5.08 (the last public release). I have AISO guard turned off for the Virus TI.

It worked flawlessly with Cubase 5 64 bit but since upgrading to 8 I've had nothing but problems to the point I'm running it over Midi. I'm using the newest release of Cubse 8.20 or whatever.

The strange thing is that if I start a new project it opens and works fine, but if I have a medium or large project on the go and I insert Virus TI as a Rack Instrument it instantly crashes cubase. I've also noticed that Cubase gets more and more unstable the larger the project if I add Virus TI to the Rack at the beginning. (To be fair the Virus isn't the only thing that seems not to like whatever Stenberg did during this upgrade).

I would like to install the public Beta but every time I try it rolls back the changes and says it encountered an error.

Anyone using cubase 8 pro? It seems not to play nice with the virus TI when I use it as a rack instrument.

I tried installing the public beta but for whatever reason it refuses to install on my computer :(