Beiträge von polychrome

Hi all,

I have the same problem as many of you :(

I tried everything: changed the battery, changed the PSU with a new official one, upgrade, downgrade, i took it to an authorized service (no Access, cause we don't have it here).. My Virus simply works fine.. until it stops working, with the same symptoms that many have experienced here.

Next, I'll try to clear all banks with default patches. I know this is silly, but I have read that someone has tried to work with only certain banks and had no problems.

Maybe someone has got an update? I don't want to put my Virus to bed, especially because when it works.. it still works like a charm.

Was this problem solved?

Cause it seems like the start of my issue:

The sound just drop out, then I discovered that the part you are playing changes out, es.: part 1 sound routed on exit 1 starts coming out from another out, like 3
    And this would require a re-start. Same problem sequencing with Monomachine, with Ableton or Cubase and with a directly connected MIDI keyboard.

Then, some months later, I have this issue:
    When turned on initially, everything functions perfectly. After a short period of time, the loaded preset sound drops out and terrible screeching high pitch noises can be heard. The machine is again OK after being switched off momentarily. Sometimes it stays working properly longer than others - there seems to be no consistency in when it fails."

I have replaced the CR2032 Battery as well, I have replaced also the fuse… the problem is still here!!

Thanks so much for any help.

HELP!!!

I have the exact same issue with my Virus C Desktop, OS 6.5:

"When turned on initially, everything functions perfectly. After a short period of time, the loaded preset sound drops out and terrible screeching high pitch noises can be heard. The machine is again OK after being switched off momentarily. Sometimes it stays working properly longer than others - there seems to be no consistency in when it fails."

Prior to this fault, it wouldn't just drop out the sound, but seems like the part you are playing change out, es.: part 1 sound routed on exit 1 starts coming out from another out, like 3
    And this would require a re-start.

I have replaced the CR2032 Battery as well, I have replaced also the fuse… the problem is still here!!
    It always boots up properly and always works properly on boot.

Please, HELP… I was in love with my VirusC.. what can I do???

Thanks so much for any help.