Beiträge von anthonyanalog

Well I figured out what was going on . . .

I thought I'd post this in case anyone out there ever has problems like this years from now
    and finds this helpful.

In "Verify" mode my Virus C always seems to give the "VERIFY ERROR bad data" message immediately on the display.
    When I switched to "1 MIDI Dump RX 'Enable'" instead of "Verify" it worked.
    I decided to use a different soundset- Manuel Schleis soundset volume 3 - Incubation. It contained data on only one track,
    so I was able to eliminate the 2 tracks issue/simultaneous data clips in question.

Once the transmission was finished I just stopped Cubase from playing and checked the Virus to see what was on it.
    Amazingly it had the patches Manuel Schleis programmed. So I decided to try to install the original ones I wanted
    from Access Music- the "ABM.MID" file that comes with the operating system package and now I have everything
    loaded and done.

Thanks a lot root2 for your suggestions and interest . . .

P.S. To answer your earlier question I am running OS 6.5 5/11/03
    and Cubase 7.5 is running on Windows 7.
    I checked out the Midox site you mentioned. I have always wanted to get the VST-AU Virus Editor on eBay since I first saw it
    so I think I will use that now that I know I have a fully operational Virus Synth Module.

Thanks again . . . hope this can help someone out there one day

WTINP

Well, I was able to download the ABM.MID file but when I open it in Cubase 7.5 it opens in 3 separate MIDI Clips over 2 tracks
    I was under the impression that it should all be on a single track.

When I set the Virus C to the" 1 MIDI DUMP RX Verify" mode and play the file
    I get a "VERIFY ERROR bad data" message immediately on the display of the Virus C.

Track 1 contains a SysEx message clip in the List Editor called SMF:Copyright starting at the beginning bar at 1.1.1.0 (Bars and Beats)
    Track 2 contains a SysEx message clip in the List Editor called SMF:MIDI Channel at 1.1.1.0
    and another one called right under it in the List Editor for Track 2 called SMF:Instrument also at 1.1.1.0

Should there be 3 SysEx events occurring at the same time?

Track 1 contains a very short MIDI clip and the track is named Bank A, Bank B and Multi Bank. (Which doesn't do anything when played by itself)

Track 2 Contains a MIDI clip 59 measures long since I set my tempo to 40 bpm and is named "Grand Piano" (strange)
    and Track 2 also contains another clip after that one that's 7 measures long that stores the Multis and actually works
    via the "verify" dump screen.

After the Multis loaded and I hit store they were not anywhere to be found, all that was there were the previous few Multis.

I've read the Virus manual and my Cubase 7.5 manual a lot about doing the dump like turning off MIDI Clock Option/ Slowing Tempo to 40-60 BPM, etc.

I guess I'll have to write up a Support Ticket . . .
    WTINP

Hi Everyone, I recently purchased a used Virus C and did a factory reset holding LFO/MOD "Select" and "Shape" buttons while powering up. The unit reset fine.

However, banks A and B which are RAM banks and can be overwritten have duplicate patches also found on the C and D Banks which are Flash Rom.

Bank A is identical to Bank C and Bank B is identical to bank D.

My question is- Where do I find the patches that I see Access Music originally came out with for Virus C users that contain the following patches for Bank A:

A-000 OvertureCK
    A-001 Dr.What?HS
    A-002 EPStage?M@
    A-003 Dyson++ BC
    A-004 Impact MS
    A-005 TheDome HS
    A-006 Moon PadJS

. . . and so on

And the following patches for bank B:

B-000 8Bit EraDM
    B-001 543 Seq RP
    B-002 ABC-1 RP
    B-003 AccyBassRP
    B-004 Adrenalin1
    B-005 Adrenalin2
    B-006 Arpeggia
    B-007 Arpegiator

. . . and so on

I can't seem to find them anywhere and I don't know which Soundset on the Access site
    for download contains them but it sure would be nice to have a fresh new set of sounds
    that I think originally belong to the Virus C . . . .

Thank you