Beiträge von Tracer

Let me join in on the complaining.... if only to show Access that some owners of their gear are not happy right now. The development of the Virus seems to have come to a standstill, and now appears to be limited to maintenance upgrades (and late at that). I understand that Access cannot keep supporting the Virus forever, but come on, as long as it is still for sale I would expect something more than a defensive: ' be patient, it's not in our hands, why are you complaining?'. That worries me. A lot. I would at least expect a statement along the lines: beta drivers are expected Q4, release Q1. Now it seems of NO priority at all, and Access appears very passive. MacOS and Windows will only accelerate their respective upgrade cycles; not being ready for that seems to signal Access is slowly giving up. I actually intend to buy a new Mac next month... but do I have to leave the Virus behind??

Harsh? Probably. But Access needs to communicate better on this. Talk to us, don't make such an off-hand remark!!

Oh and I wouldn't mind an announcement on other future plans... is there a version 6 in the making for example? As suggested above, I hope Access starts thinking about future proofing the Virus now that it is (apparently) coming to the end of it's production. So yes please, give us a 'light' driver sans audio! I would love to keep using it for a good number of years...

PS It can be worse by the way: I shelled out a lot of money for the firewire extension, Radias expansion and sample memory for my very expensive 88 key Korg M3, but these days I can only use the midi ports!! Korg just dropped the support completely after a mere 2 years...

Peace, out.