Beiträge von illumiNated

Ahh so you have Mr. Crackles.

Welcome to the learning curve ahead. If there's one thing good about Mr. Crackles, when he decided to pop in and show his face, it's what you will learn about Hardware and your PC trying to snap his neck and defeat him.

I…

Yeah i kept crossing my fingers hoping it would an easy setup. in some ways it has been, but sometimes you gotta work for y our passion too i suppose. It is indeed a good learning experience. This is, after all, my first real hardware synth. :)

been trying to find an informative thread but i can't seem to find one that really answers my questions. I recently purchased a Virus Ti2 Darkstar. Absolutely love her. But I have one main issue and one theory i am trying to get explained if possible. First of all, Mr. crackles. I am ordering a dedicated 2 port usb 3.0 card for my studio pc and I am going to use it solely for my the Virus. Hopefully that stops the random crackles.

As far as recording audio directly from the analog outs. My primary sound card does not have a proper input to hook left and right audio inputs into the card. I am using a asus Xonar stx pci express audio card.
    I do, however, also have and older focus-rite sapphire 6 USB external pre amp/sound card I can use. I am wanting to control the virus via midi with the usb cable and then capture the sound in my daw via analog out. I am new to hardware synths and i am trying to wrap my head around a solid setup with in FL Studio.

Others have said midi cables out to the virus and then analog out to daw is the best way, being usb of the virus is pretty unreliable. Sync issues etc.

It's just kind of depressing that i spent so much money on a hardware synth and i cant even get it running rock solid in my daw without having to separate every function of synth communication.
    I want to load up my project and have it recall every patch the way i set it up with out mister crackles. but as of now it seems i have to micro manage every stupid detail of every part of my patches every-time i load up a project because using the virus via usb is not acceptable with Mr Crackles.

I need an experienced Virus user to help me out. I love this synth to pieces. I despise Mr Crackles and sync issues though. X/