Beiträge von Debrecini

Upon further digging this is fast turning into a bug report.

After starting from a blank initialized template I am not experiencing this odd behavior. So problem solved.
    But you may want to analyze whats going on in the Remote Control template linked.

http://www.mediafire.com/?j1x6d6b5a43i649

This template just like many others I created has this odd bug.

So for ages I stayed away from those 3 controls but at least you may be able to get to the bottom of this bug and now I know how to avoid it.

Regards
    Paul

Cheers for getting back to me.

Ok so the buttons were never much a problem to me anyways and as for the following controls:

Filter Balance
    OSC Balance
    Semitone

It's been a while since I used the mapping page on the plug-in and I remember now that it's not that you cant map them but rather that they have silly ranges.

Instead of outputing the normal 0 to 127 like any normal MIDI control would those 3 controls instead output a range of 0 to 9

This makes them impossible to work with. Is there any special thing I can input in the hexadecimal field to correct this?

In other words, can we correctly scale the range? Or are we stuck with 3 utterly pointless controls? :whistling:

Regards
    Paul

You seem to be adding extra FX to this wonderful machine all the time so I'm very impressed.

What I suggest is a secondary (optional) 8 Band Parametric EQ for more extra sound sculpting. I know we could do this in our DAW. But the ability have it savable with each patch we create in Virus Control would be very handy.

I own a TI 1 Keyboard and certain controls aren't mappable in MIDI Control Mode. You seem to have disabled them for use in MIDI Control Mode.

These controls are:

Filter Balance
    OSC Balance
    Semitone
    + All of the buttons are not mappable.

I was just wondering why? Surely when the synth is in MIDI Control mode all of the controls should be mappable. That's what I expected before I bought the synth.

So anyways in the future I may decide to sell my TI1 so that I can upgrade to a TI2 model for extra polyphony. But I want to know is there any difference in these 2 models when it comes to MIDI Control mode?

Are the above controls I listed mappable with a TI2 synth? Or is it simply the same?

Hi, is this release compatible with Snow Leopard in 64bit mode? I have recently bought Logic 9 and would like to run it in 64bit mode and will be getting an Apogee One for my audio interface. So will the VC plugin work with this setup?

I heard there was a beta for 64bit OS X, TIOS 3.3.0.00 Public Beta. I cant find this available for download right now, but found this in your public beta section 4.0.2.01 for MacOS X
    http://virus.info/forum/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=372

All I want to know is if there is a beta or final release that works with Snow Leopard 64bit mode and if so which one should I download?

nobody stops anybody from opening a swap shop. including them with an update just ensures that _everybody_ can use setting files.

Marc - That's missing the point, what I was requesting was not for 3rd party swap shops. They could easily come and go as the person loses interest, and then the links go dead. Seen it happen time & time again on other music related forums.

It would be very nice for you to have an FTP setup (as brindle Q suggested). Maybe make a new section on your forum called MIDI Templates. Put up a sticky with the link to your FTP. After which any user submitted links for MIDI Templates could be put onto this FTP server. That way it ensures no dead links in the future. User links go down all the time as a lot of people use unreliable free sharing services like send space and the likes, but with an FTP backup from you guys... all will be good.

However it is nice to see you suggest sending them to support so that the best ones would be included in your updates. Whats your email address? All I see is a form on your website for when I click "Contact Us" on this form there is no way to attach a file.

With the way you've suggested you've also got to bear in mind that there's a number of ways one could go about creating a template for a VST/Device. One way might work well for some but another person might create a template in a different style that works for others. For example we may end up with 3 or more templates by different people for Omnisphere. If they were included in updates you might not be able to include all of the user templates created.

With a swap shop setup for us the creator can explain what he's done in a forum post / provide a link. Then the end user can pick the best template suited for them. You've already got a nice little community going for sharing sound design, why not the same for MIDI templates?

Would be nice that way, I'm sure you all agree.

Hello I'm just simply posting my crash report to you as I found no way to attatch a file on the main sites support form. You may want to look into this, surely there should be an easier way for one to get a crash log to you.

The virus began to lose the ability to establish a USB connection with my Mac Pro. I powered off my mac and virus, rebooted but still had a problem. Virus Control Center crashed as well and gave me this log.

I ended up re-installing the OS4 beta firmware and the installer noticed there was a problem so prompted me to unplug all leads from virus and hold the exit button on power up. This worked, it established a link again and re-installed the firmware, so all is well again. So I'm sending the crash log hoping it will help you.

--- VDM Info ---
    1 devices known to VDM
    Device Dump:
    VDII 0 Type: 'Virus'
    VDII 0 SN: ''
    VDII 0 Name: 'Old Firmware'
    VDII 0 A/B: 0/0
    VDII 0 RAM/ROM: 0/0
    VDII 0 In BIOS: 0
    VDII 0 DeviceType: 0/4/26

--- Bootup Log ---
    --- Rebooting Virus (), 0x1d200000 ---