Beiträge von Roby31

Assign a Soft Knob or modwheel to the value you want. The destinations you would want are only FreqShifter Freq and FreqShifter Mix (for the matrix and for the soft knobs). Or you can select Others in the effects section, effects edit until you get to the freq shifter and change them using the soft knobs.

In case of the Vowel filter frequency you get a % value and a phonetic vowel

Graphical bug for the new distortions either.
    There is no label for the Tone and Treble knobs. They work like they should.

Win 7x64 - FL9 - VC VST2

A cheap stompbox is not a selection of good stompbox emulations that i have in my hard-earned TI :) some stomps really workl like poo and they're a waste on money

It is not, but can be used as. I don't see why that would be bad...Not everybody does electronic music with the virus, and these new additions can be very useful for a wide range of applications. Most of the distortions will probably go with acid like bread and butter but I don't see any "evil" in plugging a guitar in my virus and let a friend have a shot at these stompboxes emulations. It may actually be pretty cool for those who are on a budget, if an effect works very good and you have a spare part, use it...I'd love to have a prog jam with my friends so, again, why not. :)

I can't remember wether the "characters" can be used to shape an input sound, but if this is the case I'll definitely need to hook my best guitarist friend's guitar into the TI some time

Waiting for it, wanting it badly but hoping they take all the time they need to release a good TIOS. It is better to have it as complete as we can, instead of requesting a long series of bugfixes which is probably very pressing on the developers.

I'm not a Logic user, but the info you're looking for can be found in the tutorial song, which has a sequencer mode set up so that you can actually see how it's done

I use a 256 samples buffer and it is alright. If the problem you are experiencing with Windows 7 is only with the VC Plugin, it is a matter of GUI, which will be solved by Access in the future releases. If your keyboard responses good with other synths in your daw you have to wait for access to fix it or just to not show VC gui when you want to play a melody and just use it to edit your patch or to set up automations. If you still have the problem with other plugins, lower the buffer, but it will load your cpu more.

Nice to see your tutorial here too, Ramunas :) I think I'll send my template if I ever put up a coherent one to have all of the Virus Desktop outputs set up already (probably every user would need to correct its latency there!), which means the 3 usb pairs, 3 analogue pairs [and the SPDIF pair if it can be used at the same time as all of the others]

And I'll add a custom background for FL saying "Remember not to overload your Virus" :P

I do not dislike endless rotary encoders, I actually enjoy them on my uQ, I was just stating that I found his statement a bit strange :)
    I can see why one would want them on a Virus, but I find myself confortable with the different behavior modes of the pots on it.

You are one of the first people I ever see preferring endless rotary encoders to knobs :) Anyway I don't think there is any kit to do that as it should be both a hardware and software mod, as the TIOS is made to work with TI's knobs. There are ways to change your knobs' response on your Virus anyway, so you should check them out:
    Press CONFIG/Remote untill you see "Knob Behavior" and change the "Response" value with your Soft knob 1 or value +/-. You should find "Snap" and "Rel" suit most of your needs, whilst not being exactly the same as you want.

Another thing I found: Win 7 x64, 3.3.0.00 x64; Virus Control Center can not backup my Virus TI Destop mk2 (always gets stuck when receiving Bank A from the unit itself) and crashes ("Virus Control Center stopped working") as soon as I try to burn a bank to ROM. I tried to reinstall the software three times, changing usb port, usb bus, nothing solved the troubles.

Edit: it now seems to be failing to reinstall the device's firmware, so that I'll soon have to find another computer to use my Virus again if it fails.
    I don't know why this happens, when I installed the 3.3.0.00 x64 for the first time it all went smoothly on this computer.