Beiträge von jamesfarrell

I'm used to fighting with stuff. All of this technology needs another 100 years minimum. Humans are very very slow to progress with technology IMO. I'm not impressed. Not talking about the Virus specifically, but everything. I fight with software for a living. I just replaced my 2011 Imac with a new Imac mini 8G ram and everything ran like Crap. Do not buy a mac mini unless it's a 2012 with an i7 quadcore processor. Anyhow, I got a new macbook pro with 16G RAM and an i7 Quadcore. The TI software runs 90% better.

The only major issue I have is stopping and starting a midi track mid section and having the ARP go out of whack. But I suppose that's the way it is with MIDI tracks. Like I said, all of this tech needs another 100 years minimum. I'm happy with the thing though. I'm sure all the other comparative synths with a plugin have some sort of issues.

Crashing is not that bad, but there's something going on and I have to fix it. It's not fun. Mainly is the sudden screeching noise. I have to shut down the virus and restart it. It's to the point where it's unusable.

Yosemite 10.10.5
    8G ram
    Logic Pro - X
    VC 5.1.6.05

Screenshot of crash attached. Video link of what it's doing.
    https://www.facebook.com/Grung…/videos/1848465365430692/

Thanks

https://www.facebook.com/Grung…/videos/1848465365430692/

Maybe I'm confused, which is highly probable. So far I've only written 1 song in logix with VC.

My question is this. If I load up VC as multi timber instrument, I can only get 3 auxs in logic right? I have to control the volume of each synth patch in the VC software right?

This also means I can only have volume automation on only 3 of the virus tracks in logic right?

[Blockierte Grafik: https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-0/s526x296/15541416_1839099803033915_7197789291192451190_n.jpg?oh=796f97ca7389019736cd25abfb26a198&oe=58EAA7F4]

Seems I'm in the minority in complaining about the integration of this thing with DAW's.

I'm ready to ditch the maschine. I'll keep it, just not for what I'm trying to do, which is produce songs. The workflow inside Logic sucks with Maschine.

What are other people using as far as drum programming within logic? I know there's some built in programs, but they are weak. That's kind of all I'm using the maschine for, drums and some sound effect, stabs, loops.

The problem with maschine in Logic, is having to drag each pattern in one at a time. Then it creates a ton of other piano and trumpet tracks and crap as I might have mentioned after you drag in a pattern. That's not a big deal to delete those extra tracks, but dragging in one pattern at a time when you have a shit ton of patterns and scenes is ridiculous.
    I just build the drums in maschine and leave them in maschine and then export the separate sounds after, bounce the virus tracks, then import all of those into a new Logic project and do the mixing. The workflow is terrible in this configuration.

I'm trying to see if going to something like FL Studio to do the drums would be more efficient. I believe FL studio is not officially supported with the Virus, but have seen some threads on here about people doing that.

Yes, I'm talking about the Advance keyboard guys. I have the Virus Ti2 Desktop. The Akai keyboard; when you have it powered via USB, from the computer, it disables the physical midi port on the back of the keyboard. Sweetwater actually sent me a new Virus (mine was a demo) because of this. They couldn't figure out the issue. So for the hell of it, I said, let's power the keyboard via USB from a wall wart and viola, the midi port on the keyboard works.

Yeah I agree guys, but this is how I operate. I sold all my guitar crap (band fizzled) and bought a whole bunch of gear, LOL. I pretty much know how to use it now, from a lay perspective of getting everything to actually work so I can produce music. I just finished my first tune in Logic x with maschine, and the virus. Was a nightmare getting all this figured out and the workflow is not very friendly with the integration of maschine and virus into logic.

You would think this stuff would play nicer with each other in 2016 and been easier to integrate.

Man this is ridiculous. FYI, I have a Ti2 Desktop. The Akai has both USB power and an additional Wall wart, you can purchase. Of cource the AC/DC Adapter does not come with the keyboard as it's only a $500 keyboard (rolling eyes).

Anyhow when you use USB power from a computer, it disables the midi port on the keyboard. There's no internal menu option to disable this either.

So basically, you have to run USB power from something like an Iphone wall wart. One of these.

[Blockierte Grafik: http://ep.yimg.com/ay/wearethewirelessboys/original-apple-iphone-6-usb-power-charger-1.gif]

I have a Ti2 connected to a pa speaker (active) via output 1 Left
    I have an Akai Advance 49 hooked up to the virus. Midi out > Midi in on the virus. Cable is tested and good. No sound. I tried both single and multi mode.
    Midi Global channel is 1, Midi device Id is 1.

Any ideas?

Zeus, The gain utility plug-in is useful if you're overloading the input of another plug-in for instance.

Here's the answer and since there are only 3 outs on the Virus, you're limited to only being able to control the volume of 3 of the sounds for virus. Pretty lame if you ask me. Maybe all hardware synths are like this but I'm not impressed.

1.Load virus once as a multi instrument (which it looks like you've done).
    2. In the mixer, create an aux for as many outs as you need. Make sure each patch in the Virus is set to output to different tracks (limit of 3)
    3. Select each Aux in the mixer and create a track for each (control + T). This will create a track in the main window, where you can adjust level/pan etc.
    4. Select the aux's in the arrange to play/record each sound.

Sounds great, would take me 5 years to figure that out. I'm 46 and I got into this stuff way way too late. Everybody else is an expert, because they've been doing this since 1988. I'm beyond frustrated. I have no friends that are into this stuff and I'm on my own. I'm trying to set this up in logic. I'm watching videos that are 10 years old on youtube that are blurry as hell, in another language with no talking.