Beiträge von OurDarkness

you really wouldn't like to pay for 80 analogue filter boards in a virus ti. we have no intention to go down this road.
    best, marc

OK, I hear you, so how about releasing a new synthesizer with 16 voices AND analog filters? 8o

Oh and please change that ridiculous name "Virus" to something more appropriate. There are hundreds of people who died of a recent virus, it's not funny at all. :S

Yes, you are right, I am not convinced. And guess what, this is a field I researched too (among others).

I have a very good understanding on the differences between digital and analog filters. Moreover, I have scientific papers to prove that emulations of x and y analog filters always suffer, to the degree of their respective programmers' capability. Access' attempt regarding the Minimoog filter is to be applauded but I am truly sorry if one thinks that they will dial "minimoog" and they will have it in an instant. Same with Arturia. So instead of trying to mimic what other manufacturers / designers have been doing and living with the idea that it will never be the same, maybe it would be a good idea for Access to implement an analog filter. Who knows, maybe they can come with a cool nice design. Waldorf did it, I don't see why Access can't. So, I am sorry, but analog is definitely not a myth. Hype maybe, expensive maybe, but myth?

You may think that the Virus is capable of producing *certain* analog timbres convincingly. So do I, but people, programmers and designers tend to focus too much on technology and loose sight of how their ever-advancing superiority actually affects sound per se. So, contrary to you, I would rather have 16, 8 or even 1 voice of unique analog, rather than 400 voices of digital, especially when released in a continuous barrage of updates and repackages.

Hi all,

I was wondering if Access will ever consider implementing real analog filters. After repackaging their synths for quite some time and offering some admittedly good stuff, it seems the right thing to do. I am sure that would be a really good upgrade and lots of people would welcome it.

Regards,
    Yannis

Hi all,

I was wondering if Access will ever consider implementing real analog filters. After repackaging their synths for quite some time and offering some admittedly good stuff, it seems the right thing to do. I am sure that would be a really good upgrade and lots of people would welcome it.

Regards,
    Yannis