Beiträge von acodmt7

Any chance of that ever happening , I see this is the features request , but no plans for next OS ?

More slots would be nice , just three more would be good suited for modular like sound design

also the ability to modulate the spread of the phaser , that doesn’t seem to be in the list of routings ?

Or is this section actually obsolete , but here still to look pritty for the new comers ?

Cheers for this .... integral part of this machine that I was completely ignorant to ....

So is it possible to make a multi using TC , as in using the standard 16 parts (not going to use all of them) to say set up 3 or 4 parts in TC mode then saving them to the virus as a multi setup , so you can use them for performance later without TC

Basically what I mean is can you use the software to set up multis for later use ... I mean seems easier to use the software to create the multi setups for when you without computer

Does that make sense ? Sorry grammar not my strong point

Thanks for those insights oli , totally forgot about Korgs chaos pads , yes more for performance and some deep sound design enriched in super modulated spaces .... I’m getting tired of mouse and sound smearing when I try to combine complex chains

Toxter - aware of using the virus as external FX , cheers all the same as others may not be .

I just wanted to know what makes the H8000 so special , I’m after some serious 3d sense of space that is of ultra high quality , I’ve tried DrMs , Altiverb and others

Altiverb is a impulse winner , but when ever I start to chain complex fx along with it , the sound soon starts to get smeared though , I’ve heard the h8000 can deal with complex chains

As for mixing processors , the Vertigo VSM-3 is now in software form .... could we say this sounds better or worse than its few grand counterpart hardware for treating your sound ...

Is software taking over everything , and sound quality being of the same ...

Or could it simply be 96k over 44 makes all the difference , trouble is setting your DAW to 96 eats up cpu , but blending complex FX chains sound super good and this is not possible when using virus , then again not there’s no need since it sounds great

Instead of investing in the H8000 , maybe a high end computer capable of running Nebula programs , the new range over there is quite aswome ....

Sound quality is a big deal for me , I don’t see how running a 1300 synth into a plugin that cost 30 qid does it justice ... and as for vst plugin synths , none have come close to the sound of the virus , this is no fan boy remark but someone that’s spend a decade on and off with vst synth , so regarding fx units , I wana know if any come close to plugins and what makes them different if not the same

Hope that makes sense , I’ve turned this into more of questions than I have tip sharing , I apologise .

Yes it did .... resolves the crackling , see anytime the interface did this , when virus in TC , it would play up , but only when hooked to the net

Disabling the net fixed all issues .... I can run virus in TC for hours with no issues now , where as before , or if the net is on , give it 1-3 mins until the soundcard bugs out the virus again ..

the only issue I have now , is if I leave ableton , virus , on for abit without using it , say 20minuets or so , I find I have to restart the virus hardware , becuase no sound outputs , think it’s a bug with windows screensaver , although not sure

But that’s no real issue since I shouldn’t leave shit on doing nothing anyways ...

Cheers !

Simple tip if your into the whole layering basslines etc ... (can do this with anything , but tip involving the 3 band eq)

Take advantage of the on board Eq , and use the multitimbral to you advantage , meaning you can layer bass and kick sounds into 2 or 3 parts to your liking ...

Use the eq to knock out the low end for your mid bass and combine the 2/3 parts together to make one beefy solid patch

Could do this with arps , using 3 parts of the multi ... one part playing first 4 sections , whilst the 2nd part plays the next section and so on , weird and crazy sequences could be made using several parts of the multi at the same time etc

Too many Questions with little answers in this section ; this is the tricks and tips bit I believe , so share em ! Re-evolve em

Possibilities

I’ve mentioned this before last year , was when my problems occurred - however

For anyone that’s having issues with TC , drop outs crashes etc , for me I figured it was actually my interface playing up anytime I was hooked to the Internet ... yeh weird ! The buffering from the NI audio 6 would in return mess up the virus when in ableton win 10 , and for me , all this was fixed by simply disconnecting my Ethernet ..

Now anytime I feel like sound designing , I just disable the adapter ... which solves my card playing up in return the virus , = rock solid performance, I don’t know how the net is playing up my interface , but yeh it solved it , no more sync issues no more sound card drop outs

My point is , there could be other things down the line that’s effecting the virus and not actually the virus itself ,

So before you decide to sell over issues , try disconnecting your internet :)

Hope this helps , virus is a lovely machine !

Hi there again , hope 2019 is treating you all well!

my question is how do you go about setting up the virus and keyboard in a manner where by the low keys assign the bass patch , mid keys assigned to say leads and the high keys say a pad ....

Without TC , I wish to jam out psychedelia , 3 different patches split across the keyboard

I should add I’m using the desktop version connected to a novation impulse controller

I should also add that there isnt that much in the way of clarification on such threads and YouTube about this

Cheers

Oh and I most definitely should add , my ignorance must not be bliss !

No worries , was easier than I thought ,

I’ve tried this ... what Channel should it be on ? Usually don’t have to set it and it works as it should without having to change midi channel ..

So is it more so the key step “pro”s channel ? Coz at the moment im getting half note symbols

I have this issue , everything is connected right , I’ve using the virus in TC mode , today I fancied standalone , but the dam key step keyboard ain’t making the virus respond - although I get the quarter note symbol , and it works when I Audition a sound which signifies no hardware issue from the virus ??

Confused and annoyed ...

Edit actually it’s a half note (the clef isn’t filled in , should it be to make quarter note ?) , it is midi in from the virus to midi out on the midi keyboard right ?

Ok so it works in ‘multi mode’ but not single , despite I see symbol appearing for midi activity when I press .....

All is good in multimode so why no signal in single mode ??

Actually I can’t edit anything , just change presets that don’t change , no dial edits anything , I just hear the sound ..

What the hell ?
    Cheers

Sorry to hear , Strange , Bug tho ? Thing is as a Ableton 10 user i have no issues routing the 3 outs to separate midi and audio tracks in the way you mentioned ..

I use One for kick and bass , one for leads and fx with sidechaining/gating , the other for percussion...

If it was me I would reinstall , clean up register with cc cleaner , soz can’t help further

Stupid question maybe but have you click on the ‘monitor in’ button on the designated audio channel so that you can hear it

Fair play , was thinking of getting second had pulse and Blofeld for complimenting/layering in Uniform to some gritty waveshape modulation from the virus ...

Think pulse 2 , Blofeld and TI would make a decent trinity ?

I’d plan on stacking the pulse and Blofeld as one entity, then introduce em in unision to the virus ..

I aim for a sound that can manipulate matter