Beiträge von dobrien75

Zitat

Listened to some of your tracks & the thing that really jumps out at me is that you have really over compressed everything...totally squeezed the shit out of it so that it has no substance. Some good ideas but back off the comp.

Thanks for the feedback! Compression is always tricky. Psy trance (and trance in general) tends to be heavily compressed. The main reason being that you are, in general, trying to decrease dynamic range i.e. prevent jolts of sound that will affect the trance you're attempting to create in the mind of the listener. More so than say rock or house. On the other hand, I have a focusrite LiquidMix, which might make me a little compression happy :)

Sorry about the site problems. There are MP3 download links which you can use (hopefully) at the bottom of each track page. The site is written in iWeb, which is easy to use, but not the most flexible tool. I'm going to rewrite it in Ruby on Rails over the next few weeks/months.

Hey guys,

I'm trying to get a visual look at the arp patterns on my TI Polar. The reason being that I want to transfer them to other synths, so that I can have the same pattern on multiple sound sources in the same song. e.g. Using the patterns in CamelSpace, FM8, Albino etc etc

Is there a tool which allows me to see the patterns, or at least a list of them somewhere? I know I can do it by ear, but it'd be a ton easier having a list

thanks

Dave

My name is Dave, and I'm a Kiwi living in Melbourne, Australia.

I've been making psy trance for 3-4 years, and thanks to me getting a Polar a couple of years ago, I've been making some good progress. As you all know, it is a never ending mountain of knowledge to climb, and I love it. I'm running Logic, with a Saffire ADC, LiquidMix, AKG 420 Mic, and mainly Native Instruments soft synths. I only use samples and loops I've made myself, except for the percussion libraries in Battery 3.

My website is www.psyphi.com.au Feel free to download and listen. I welcome any feedback!

later

"You are the music, while the music lasts"