Beiträge von chason

Actually one of the first things I tested when I got my M1 Mac in March last year.. Also came across that link.. unfortunately the plugin still crashes during validation because of some (system) library reference that doesn't exist on MacOS Big Sur and later.. Since the library and system folders are completely non-writable even with SIP turned off there's no way to get around that..

Do you remember what library is missing?

You're supposed to use `/etc/synthetic.conf` to set up symlinks for items in the root directory

I added that as an issue to track on the VirusTI-ButMaintained GitHub repository.

I started that and the VirusTIHackers Discord last night. Hoping to get some move devs together on this. I think we can hack it with our collective thinkmeat. Need to make a separate post for it and try to get some visibility. Please link dump those wherever relevant

If you subscribe to that issue on GitHub it'll ping you when there's activity (closed, new comments). Right now I can't test this because I don't have Big Sur (or an M1)

Zitat

>Given the lack of communication from the company

Even with the Kemper side?

I wonder how much of the company's internals are split up. Is there one support team/queue for both products? Or are we gumming up the lines for both products

My latest ticket, Feb 4th:

Zitat

subject: Mojave is EOL. We need a TI update to secure our machines #SI00224196

What on God's green, luscious, beautiful, flat Earth is going on?

We've been asking for years and now we're faced with the decision to run an operating system that no longer receives security patches or to break our Virus

:(

I received this reply the same day:

Mojave is end of life as of November of last year... so now you have the choice of security updates or a working Virus

If you're in a country that has consumer protection laws, please file a claim/lawsuit. The fact that they're still marketing this feature and selling new units that are broken out of the box is unreal

This is the only hope I have at this point to get their attention

Mojave is end of life as of November of last year... so now you have the choice of security updates or a working Virus

If you're in a country that has consumer protection laws, please file a claim/lawsuit. The fact that they're still marketing this feature and selling new units that are broken out of the box is unreal