Beiträge von cheier

I'm just posting here to throw my name in the hat as I've now got an M1 Macbook Air. I've yet to test the Mystery Island plugin, but for now, my Virus is on my Windows workstation and is becoming the one thing making it tough for me to decide on whether I build a new studio PC or upgrade to Mac Studio.

I like the Virus Ti2 Desktop in my studio and would like to use it for live performance, but it has been so tempting to sell and stick with soft synths in its place and replace it with a different hard synth.

Fingers crossed that Access might have something up their sleeve. I know their support does seem to exist having had to deal with them already, but there are a few quirks that I'm just hoping to see fixed, both in OS compatibility and bugs in the DSP, like issues with delays on analog outputs.

EDIT: I do have to say that I do like the Mystery Island solution using aggregated audio interfaces in MacOS. I tried using the ASIO4ALL plugin for Windows with no success. The only reason I considered it for Windows is I also have a Yamaha MODX6 in my studio which has it's own built in audio interface, so I'm using aggregated audio on MacOS to address all 6 inputs on the Virus and all 10 inputs on the MODX. Aside from ASIO4ALL not working for me at all, it only saw 2 inputs on the MODX when I want a bit more discreet audio inputs on the MODX. So far I've been able to successfully use all USB audio inputs from the Virus as well as all audio inputs from the MODX on MacOS. Not on Windows, so looks like my decision is starting to be made for me on a desktop upgrade.

Have you tried reinstalling the latest firmware? I had an issue with no audio when I first updated my TI2. I noticed that things go screwy if I take the focus away from the updater while it is updating. Before the update, things worked. After the update, no sound. After reinstalling the firmware update, everything seemed to work.

I seem to have a buzzing noise coming out of Output 1 L+R. I'm trying to figure out if there is a specific issue that can be fixed or if the unit has some sort of fault and needs to be replaced. I am running TRS cables to my mixer. I only seem to get this issue on Output 1. Outputs 2 and 3 are clean. I notice there seems to be crosstalk. When I play patches going to out 2 or 3, I will see the signal light for the to 1 channel slightly light up.

I swapped cables around on the inputs and outputs and found the issue doesn't follow the cables. If I unplug it or put it in sleep mode, the noise goes away. The noise comes back when all of the lights fire up when starting the synth back up. Sounds kind of like a ground loop buzz of sorts. While I don't hear it at lower volumes, I don't have to bring the levels on my mixer much to notice it.

Any ideas on what's up and if this is something that can be resolved?

That's too bad. My Peak will allow both USB and MIDI inputs simultaneously. I can tell the USB delay since if I set Ableton to use my SL MkIII as a MIDI output on the same channel that the SL MIDI channel is set to for that synth, I'll hear the note hit twice in very quick succession, but at least it gives me the option to run one or the other depending on workflow.

Is there an option to be able to run the MIDI interface for input from my controller while it is plugged into USB?

I'm finding there seem to be some communication hiccups between Ableton and the Virus when running through USB. I had even purchased and installed a new USB 3.0 PCIe board for some extra dedicated ports. While I have a set of notes I recorded into Ableton which seems to have hit or miss results when playing back through an arp on one of my patches, I notice that when I'm playing from my controller, from time to time, there may be a slight delay or a note I play will be stuck on and I have to play that note again to stop the sound. I don't have these issues when using my controller in direct MIDI mode, but unfortunately, I have to unplug the USB on the Virus in order to use the MIDI cable input.

My controller is a Novation 49SL MkIII and I'm running Ableton Live Suite 11.1. I'm running the most up-to-date firmware and drivers I can get. Although I'd love to figure out these MIDI over USB hiccups, I figure being able to use the MIDI input without having to unplug USB would be quite dandy as well.