Beiträge von transferpoint

I've gone through 3 motherboards in the last 5 years and each of them handled the virus differently. For instance I used an ASUS motherboard for the first two years and it was ROCK solid, never dropped the virus once. That board became obsolete and I replaced it with an expensive Intel motherboard. The Intel was quirky, for example I'd have 3 or 4 devices plugged in Presonus, Kyma, Machine and the Virus TI and ONE item would always be giving me a problem at any point in time, First its the Virus, then I get it working and the instant I do it drops Kyma, get that connected it drops the Virus again. Over an over, I probably have everything running at once 5% of the time. So I replaced the Intel with a Gigabyte board and it WILL NOT install the Virus Software, regardless of the version. It gets halfway through the install process and Rolls back the drivers. Everytime, been using the Virus without USB for 6 months now.

All that said, I am in the market for another motherboard. I wanted to run a poll for individuals here who haven't had a single problem with the Virus TI with their current build.

Thank You,
    Dan

I agree on a few points though I think that if MOTU could do it with already made interfaces than Access could do it. I find it frustrating that somebody with modular synths would still be asking why... distinct and unique modulation in sync without a DAW. plain and simple.

Regardless of weather or not it would happen its just a feature request.

Mr Angry, that's cute considering you were talking down to me 1 post ago... anyway sure.

Odd that you own modulars but you don't understand the need for a CV input, everybody at muffwiggler seems to thing it would be a grand idea. Here's the thing Raz, when you've got your modular doing something sexy and you want to add your virus to the mix that's no problem. But if you want to modulate your virus with your modules... it cant be done.

Say my analog LFO is creating the pulse that make what my modulars doing sound so awesome and I want to split that signal and use the LFO to modulate my virus's filter too so that they are perfectly synced... cant.

A cv to midi converter will set the virus clock, but its doubtful even with that that the virus's internal LFO's will sync perfectly with the modular. Its more than doubtful

Let me check this, You want CV INPUTS for a digitally clocked Synth?
    The mind boggles.
    Outputs I could understand, although why Access should bother doing it,
    when there are dozens of other easier cheaper solutions. I Don't know.

Right... because I want everything perfectly clocked to my DAW right? That way I can add to the staleness of creating everything within a computer?

Why would Access bother doing it??? I don't know maybe I believe that perhaps Access wants to have a versatile piece of equipment that can be integrated into the modular world, how silly of me. I mean they do call their synth "Virtual Analog", meaning that its emulating an analogue synth... what better way to emulate something than to share some of the key features such as modulation?

How silly of me...

It would be really neat to have a direct oscillator output mode so I could route the virus oscillators into my modular and use my modular's analogue filters, envelopes and what not... I suppose a filter bypass would work as well if I opened the envelopes all the way up and turned off the virus effects.

Analogue gear is becoming more popular, as a matter of fact my virus is the only digital synth I own... I think it would be really neat if the Access Team could do for the Virus what MOTU did for their interfaces with Volta. I know it may or may not be possible to do... but...

It would be awesome if under the section where you choose the input there was an option where you could choose CV Addressing and a drop down box would appear for the destination of the control voltage. Maybe a selectable voltage output (ex. 1v/octave or 1.2v/octave)

Then I could route my Moog voyager or euro rack modules CV outputs into the Audio Inputs of the Virus Ti and modulate sounds or controls, putting the virus in sync with my analogue gear.

Better yet that plus CV outputs! Route out the sequencer or arpeggiator to a Moog or a VCS3.

edit: I decided to add a poll with a very "analogue" synth community for better feedback: Muff Wiggler