Posts by jakrbt

Okay so my next question is this:

Can I run multiple instances of the TI software in my DAW? So far I've only been able to run one in a project and when I try to run a second instance ot it, it tells me I need to have a Virus connected. If it is possible, what do I need to do to set up for that? Something to do with MULTI mode?

My Mac Pro Tower (€3200) is now over 12 years old and almost useless. Hardware upgrades up to €2000 are a waste of money since the last compatible CPU generation is too weak and some fans cannot be replaced (CPU fans). For around €2500 without tax, I can buy a new PC that far surpasses the performance of a current Mac Pro Tower.

Exactly why I've always used PC over Mac. I can completely customize my system to my own specifications and if something fails I can fix it myself with little hassle. And Apple is WAAAAAAY overpriced on everything the make. I have a PC build planned myself because my current one I built in 2008. Still works....but not as well as I need these days, especially when you start factoring in software synths like Serum that are resource hogs. That in and of itself was one of the main reasons I wanted a hardware synth. Well that and the Virus TI is just pretty!

Does anyone know if the Virus Plug-In can be used without the Virus being connected? While at home, it's easy to connect and play but when I'm mobile, say at work or whatever, can I use a USB keyboard like an Akai MPK Mini with the plug-in?

Their reply was dated January 31 while "official" notice about AV being discontinued was released on February 7 so I guess they could not confirm it before official confirmation in February. Once that information went out, all the stores had "no longer available" instead of "special order" or something.

In Canada, the music store chain Long McQuade, re-sells lightly used or open boxes and I see there is one used Polar in Ontario for $2,599 (CAD):

Access - VIRUS TI2 POLAR

After looking at my local retailer website, it does appear that you can no longer order a new unit. So it could be that it wasn't official when I received that response. This makes me even more glad I didn't opt to continue waiting on the new unit I'd ordered because it's eveident now that it would never have been produced. So thatthen has me wondering......do I have the last Virus TI2 to ever be produced? Would be really awesome if I do......

So after 15 years of chasing it....I have finally joined the ranks as an official Virus TI2 (keyboard) owner! It was one of the most amazing Christmas gifts I've ever received and quite honestly left me nearly in tears.

It was ordered "New" from a local retailer in November but after nearly 3 months of waiting, I'd still gotten nothing. I emailed Access (Kemper) as I'd been reading that the Virus had been unofficially discountinued. I received an email back a few days later explaining that it was still in production but that even in Europe there is no stock. I went back to my retailer and low and behold there was an "Open Box" item that for whatever reason had been returned. After some convinving ot the store manager I was able to get quite a fair discount ($2200 + tax) on the unit, which still carries the full manufacturer warranty and all.

A few days later, I get a call from teh retailer saying my unit has arrived!!! I hurried to the store that evening after work with the biggest smile on my face. I got it home and proceeded to the unboxing. To my surprise, it doesn't look like the unit was ever even removed from the box. Both power cords were still wrapped neatly as though they'd never been handled. The packaging the manual comes in was still unopened and completely unmolested. Even the additional knobs were present. Not a scratch anywhere on the unit!

Over the last couple of weeks I've had lots of fun perusing through the presets and tweaking settings and it's been quite amazing! Now I need to connect to my DAW and start producing tracks!

Hey.....new here and just got registered after my first couple of weeks as a Virus TIO2 owner.

After waiting for nearly 3 months to receive my new Virus from my local retailer, I actually emailed Access/Kemper to get information on whether or not the Virus had truly been discontinued. Here's the response I received on 1/31/24

Hello Brett,

hast he retailer said anything about it? I mean we are currently sold out here in Europe as well but the US has gone empty a good while ago if I remember correctly. As far as I know the Virus product line is not discontinued but rather out of stock right now. Maybe some retailers have a rest of stock in their warehouses but we of course don't have insight into this.

I would consider asking the retailer if he had it in stock when he sold it to you or if he has to order it himself. Because if he had to order it I am sure that our team already told him that we are currently out of stock.

Mit freundlichem Gruß / Best regards

I managed to find an "Open Box" item that was more or less brand new so I'm happy especially since I got a fairly nice discount for having to wait. Thought I would post this up to maybe dispell any rumors, etc. and hopefully shine some truth to the situation. If things have changed since then, I'm unaware since I am no longer waiting on my unit. But this was the last thing I heard from Access/Kemper so maybe there's hope.....

So after 15 years of chasing it....I have finally joined the ranks as an official Virus TI2 (keyboard) owner! It was one of the most amazing CHristmas gifts I've ever received and quite honestly left me nearly in tears.

It was ordered "New" from a local retailer in November but after nearly 3 months of waiting, I'd still gotten nothing. I emailed Access (Kemper) as I'd been reading that the Virus had been unofficially discountinued. I received an email back a few days later explaining that it was still in production but that even in Europe there is no stock. I went back to my retailer and low and behold there was an "Open Box" item that for whatever reason had been returned. After some convinving ot the store manager I was able to get quite a fair discount ($2200 + tax) on the unit, which still carries the full manufacturer warranty and all.

A few days later, I get a call from teh retailer saying my unit has arrived!!! I hurried to the store that evening after work with the biggest smile on my face. I got it home and proceeded to the unboxing. To my surprise, it doesn't look like the unit was ever even removed from the box. Both power cords were still wrapped neatly as though they'd never been handled. The packaging the manual comes in was still unopened and completely unmolested. Even the additional knobs were present. Not a scratch anywhere on the unit!

Over the last couple of weeks I've had lots of fun perusing through the presets and tweaking settings and it's been quite amazing! Now I need to connect to my DAW and start producing tracks!