Beiträge von defex

Hello

I'm running out of Audio-Ins on my UAD Apollo (plus 8 adat, hehe) so the additional Stereo-In of my Virus TI would be handy.

Basically I got it working:
    - "3 out, no in" setting
    - input static
    - the signal arrives in Ableton through the TI-Plugin

but (depending on the "live" button) i get either + or - latency of more or less 30ms compared to the same audio-signal on a Apollo-Channel via Ableton's "External Instrument" Plugin.

a) is there anything i can do about it - but correcting it manually in ableton?

b) if not: is there a way to calculate how much correction is needed, to make it accurate?

thanks guys

Happy New Year Update:
    Kinda by chance i seem to have a stable system now!
    I bought a second hand Novation SL49 MK2 - and the USB-Cable that came with it seems to be my best friend now.
    When connected directly to VaderHead-MacPro i still get a few crackles - but they go away when I connect it to my Thunderbolt-Display!

Resume:
    - Thunderbolt Display seems do be a good "hub" for the Virus TI1.
    Did the trick for me with my RetinaMacBook & now also the MacPro!
    - Cable is lottery. The cable that works for me looks rather cheap & thin.

i have tried it with all 6 or 7 hubs i own - and with none the virus shows up in audio midi setup.

the strange thing is that the Thunderbolt Display seemed to do a great job as a Thunderbolt2Usb-Dongle for the Virus with the Retina Macbook.
    (I always thought they understand each other well, because they are both pretty bitches with a own will)

So i don't get, why this should not work the same way with the MacPro!?

Hi all,

i feel a bit bad to write another thread about a crackling Virus, but i think i read all the others & still cannot find a solution.

Basically my Virus TI1 crackles every few seconds while playing notes.

i had:
    MacBook Pro 15'' Retina running Mountain Lion & Thunderbolt Display, Ableton 9.2
    Virus TI1 OS 5.0.4 connected to Thunderbolt Display,
    no crackles, everything worked fine, sometimes "out of sync" timing problems on heavy projects, but i think that's normal with the TI.

now i have:
    MacPro (trashcan look) running Yosemite & Thunderbolt Display, Ableton 9.5
    the same Virus TI1 now with OS 5.1.3.0 connected to Thunderbolt Display (or MacPro, same results)

i have tried 20 different USB cables & found 3 different behaviours:
    - some don't even show the Virus in Audio/Midi Setup, no functionality
    - some create heavy distortion & lots of crackles.
    - others seem to work fine, but still the TI crackles every few seconds
    none of them i can recall "out of sync" error messages from the plugin or so.
    i'm obviously using the TI plugin (and won't use it without, TI was the reason why i bought the virus and it worked fine for years for me).

I have tried all available OS versions down to 5.0.8, but the lower the version number gets, the more it crackles.

Strange enough a mate who visited me for a week didn't have crackles running his Cubase 8 on my same MacPro (my Ti was connected directly to MacPro with OS 5.1.3.0)

Thanks for your suggestions & help!
    D