Beiträge von timtico

I recently experienced horrible crack pops and out of sync problems with my Virus TI2 Polar.
    Several causes: I switched OS to Win 7, updated from Ableton 7 to 8, installed new PCI soundcard, updated Virus OS, All around the same time so I didn't know what was causing my newfound and horrible problems.

Sometimes VS would tell me there was an out of sync problem.

This kind of problems totally drove me nuts, and I set to solve it.

First thing I did was installing a new PCI USB card in my computer, and used it dedicated for the Virus. That didn't help, so I also switched the physical location of the USB card to a different PCI slot. Also that didn't help.

To test whether the problems were caused by other USB equipment attached to my computer. I removed all of them (including my keyboard and mouse), still the problems occured.

I read something about the internal PCI/USB whatever transfer speed is the bottleneck, so I disabled my PCI soundcard in the hardware control panel. Althought it didnt seem to be necessary, as I was not using my soundcared. It did solve my problems to a large extent. No more out of sync and lag problems. However, now and then some cracks, but then again i'm using some wild patches :).

I'm interested in reading other people's experience about this matter. To be honost, I was quite d

Hello guys,

Whenever I take a deeper look at the nice dreamy pads I find In my Virus It seems that they're build up using the Wavetable.
    Sometimes mixed with other wavetables or classic osc like pulse waves to give them abit more body.

Now, this topic is created to share the pads you really like! Share your settings and secrets!
    Anyone of you pro or less pro people who have designed thousands of pad sounds themselves already, please share with us!

Personally I love ROM-D 23! Play around with Osc balance and the LFO's abit... nicee!

I would use it! So that's atleast two interested people. so please feel free to make the mentioned midfiles :)

Merlin,

Thanks alot for this tip! Today I was going over the wavetable video tutorial, so far I haven't touched wavetable synthesis since it's so incredibly deep. I already wondered how I would check all different wavetable combinations. Trial and error will take alot less time using your tips!

Don't mind posting more of such great tips! (like the tb303 one :)