Beiträge von Teknik14

RESOLVED!!!

For anyone who may run into the same issue, a soft reset seems to have done the trick. No more noise in the audio. I have since been using only the SPDIFs but now even the analog outs are dead quiet. It's a thing of beauty!

This is what I did and it worked like a charm:

1.Unplug the Virus power cord

2.Unplug all the USB and audio cable from the Virus

3."Hold down" the ARP+EDIT buttons on the Virus, plug back in the Virus power cord and wait for 10 seconds, then release them

4. Power up the Virus and after the 'play mode' screen appears, reconnect all the USB and audio cable back in.

Voila!

I can think of three possible solutions, besides servicing the Virus:

• Try to work with the S/PDIF output
    • In the config menu, "System 3/5" page, Change "LED Lux" to 0, and LED mode to "---"
    • Try to find a better USB port for your Virus, so that it plays nice with your DAW, one in which USB1.1 bandwidth is not shared with other devices, onboard or external. An external hub, or installing a dedicated USB adapter sometimes helps.

Thanks for the suggestions, flabber... I'll give them a go and see what ensues..

I do in fact already have a dedicated PCI USB 2 card with only the Virus connected to it. Guess I might just have to live with the USB sync / latency issues as part of the experience. <shrug>

I wouldn't mind trying a "wipe and reinstall" of the OS.. anyone know the key / button routines to get the TI to do this? I don't want to upgrade the OS, but rather wipe it and reinstall from fresh if that's even possible?

Cheers

I was finally able to trace some low level noise in my recorded audio to the Virus TI Polar.... in fact, to the LEDs on the unit!

The LEDs are making low level "buzzing-scratchy" noises (coming from the Audio Outs).. (you can "see" it on the VU Meters in SoundForge and the MAudio Card Mixer INs). Even with the TI's Volume Knob at 50%, you can still hear it. Turn the Vol knob to max and the noise is REALLY bad. (The noise disappears when the Vol knob set to 0). Each Patch on the TI makes a different noise "pattern" that corresponds flawlessly the flashing of the LEDs for that patch. And, if I make changes to the LFO speed for whatever, some of the buzzing noises change in speed to match the flashing of that LED. All other LEDs make their own buzzing noise that corresponds to how fast they flash. It's nuts!

It is present with and without USB / MIDI connected. Nothing connected to Virus Audio INs and "Through" is OFF in Config.

Terribly frustrating. I've tried EVERYTHING. EVERYTHING!!! from balanced audio cables, new AC cable, power conditioning, UPSd AC etc... the only solution I have is to run the unit through a Noise Gate prior to the MAudio mixer INs but that sucks. You can hear it in soft passages. LAME!

I notice too that the TI does NOT like being USBd to a DAW... I have to reboot the TI at least twice a session to reset the audio (stops making sound completely or makes awful loud "crunch" sounds when keyboard is played) not to mention the odd LOUD blast of white noise that happens randomly, requiring a reboot of the TI.

The unit was new purchased in 2007 and never taken out of the studio.

Should I roll back to a previous OS?
    HELP!

Cheers
    Teknik14