Using the Virus Ti as midi controller and using .vrt files

• Hi all,

I would like to know how to use my Virus Ti as a midi controller to control say Vanguard for example. I cannot find anything on this in the manual. I did some Googling and found some people talking about .vrt templates so I looked and found some in the Access Music folder in My Documents. I found a vanguard.vrt file but how do I use this? How can I create my own templates for other instruments? I'm using Cubase 5 and did find some videos about mapping knobs to VST knobs but this section in Cubase and the import function only accepts .xml files.

Any help or links to documentation or videos would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!

• Ok so read the actual manual and answered a lot of my own questions (I realize now i was only reading the reference guide sorry) and got the Ti controlling Vanguard and a few others. However in the Remote Templates folder, the templates are out of date. The manual says the follwing:

"Please check http://www.access-music.de for new templates - we will be adding to the public library regularly."

I went through every category of downloads offered and saw nothing in the way of templates. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance!

-Viron

• I see how you can use a remote template to make your own but to save time, I'm wondering are pre-made templates available on the access website as indictated in the manual? If so, where?

• Getting further along, I can create a remote template from within Cubase to control whatever VSTi however, Cubase saves these as .xml files. I'd like to take these templates, name them appropriately, and store them in one of the 32 slots however these are all .vrt files. How can I get the remote template I've created in Cubase into one of the 32 slots available when the Ti is in Remote Mode?

• Cubase now has what are called QUICK CONTROLLERS

if you set these up you can tweek anything in cubase from 8 external conts

even the virus

• Cubase now has what are called QUICK CONTROLLERS

if you set these up you can tweek anything in cubase from 8 external conts

even the virus

Woodster I can't thank you enough. This previously unknown feature to me is exactly what I was looking for and is far easier than setting up any templates. I can map any knob on my Virus to any knob on any VSTi within seconds using this method. Thanks again!!! :)