Drag & Drop Arp pattern as MIDI into DAW

• Hi there, I don't know if this has been requested already.

I think it would be great if one could drag & drop the arp pattern from Virus Control into the arrange window of your DAW and place it there as a MIDI sequence. Making it possible to trigger other Instruments as well.

What do the others think?

cheers
    Marcus

Mac Pro 2 x 2.26 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon (2009), 12 GB, OS X 10.6, Cubase 5.5.2, Virus TI, NI Komplete 6, Korg Legacy Collection, Arturia 10 Years Suite

• I had wrote to Acess for this exact feature about a year ago, as well as inquiring why only odd numbered channels can dump arp data. I was told by Joerg that this is by design for the channel numbering, as well as for dragging the arp notes to a midi track in your sequencer. I had inquired about possibly putting a button or something that when clicked and dragged it would dump the notes of the currently selected pattern to the midi track itself. Unfortunately it won't happen.

• I had wrote to Acess for this exact feature about a year ago, as well as inquiring why only odd numbered channels can dump arp data. I was told by Joerg that this is by design for the channel numbering, as well as for dragging the arp notes to a midi track in your sequencer. I had inquired about possibly putting a button or something that when clicked and dragged it would dump the notes of the currently selected pattern to the midi track itself. Unfortunately it won't happen.

the most of us would expect to drag a pattern representing what you hear, but that wouldn't be the case, you would get the "raw" pattern with a tonal information which would probably wrong. virus control cannot know what you will play and an arpeggiator is a blend in between a rhythm and the notes you play. that's why this works in stylus rmx for instance but not in this case. the only problem explained by joerg is more of a legacy thing, the effort to change that unfortunately doesn't justify what you would get. we simply forgot to disable it entirely for the virus ti series.

best, marc