New Virus snow and Ableton - Timbral

• Hi Guys,

This is my first post here, just picked up a Virus Ti Snow, I'm new to hardware synths so my question may come across as dumb, but I'd appreciate any help I can get :)

So this new Snow is 4 part multi-timbral. i've started setting it up in Ableton and watched the videos, played a few tracks. Now, I'm just wondering, can I have more than 4 Virus sounds in a track? When I make tracks I normally have a range of pads, bass and ambient sound effects, which can add up to a lot of different sounds (10/20/30), I was hoping the Virus could become a powerhouse for my songs, but am I right in assuming I can only have 4 virus sounds per track.

If so, how are you supposed to make songs with the Virus Snow? Are there any workarounds or techniques I'm not aware of that mean you can have more than 4 sounds per track?

Thanks, and nice to meet you all.

Mick

• Hi Mick,

Just new as well here. My Snow came in last week and also using Ableton.

You are right, you can have 4 sounds at a time when using one snow. If you want more, you need another synth. Or you can bounce parts to actual audio tracks...

Good luck.
    Juri

• I've looked through all the manuals and can't find where it shows how to setup the Snow using Audio into Ableton (only has the midi video). I think this will be the way to go (as the latency is got rid of this way too.).

I'm using the Snow as the audio interface, with outputs plugged into my left and right monitors. Snow is USB'ed into the PC. Midi Keyboard is midi'd into the Virus.

I've tried using the audio channels to get sound into Ableton with no luck, any advice?

• You can't do what you're talking about. It would require the outputs of your snow being connected to its inputs. Think about it and you'll clearly see it's a loop that won't work (and can't be actually done)