[Solved] Virus TI as an Aggregate Device (Mac)?

• I am using a Mac with Logic Express, and I have both a MOTU 828 mkII and a Virus TI Polar. I am getting my studio set up, and what I'd like to do is the following:

1) Have the Virus TI plugged in and available as an audio device so I can make use of the zero-latency monitoring features.
    2) Have the 828 plugged in at the same time for incorporating my other instruments in to the mix.

Since Logic Express only supports a single audio device, I found a tutorial for setting up an aggregate device in Audio MIDI Setup (http://www.apple.com/pro/techniques/aggregateaudio/). What you can do is create an aggregate device, and then add multiple connected devices to the list. Logic will then treat all the devices as one. However, when I pull up the list for the available devices to put in to the aggregation, only the 828 shows up - the Virus TI does not. The Virus TI shows up fine everywhere else. I'm guessing that the Virus cannot be used as an aggregate device, but I wanted to check to make sure.

I'm also guessing that if I can't get this to work, the next best thing would be to do without the zero-latency monitoring and instead just run the the Virus TI through the 828, and use the 828 as my sole audio device. Another potential option might be to mix down the 828 in to a stereo pair, and run it through the Virus via the SPDIF input. Does anybody have any suggestions for the best way to set this up?

Thanks,

- max

• Never mind, I figured this out by myself.

Since the TI shows up as a software instrument in Logic, there's no need to also have it set up as the audio input unless I want to use the TI's inputs. I set up my project so that the 828 is the main audio input, and I can still hear everything from both the TI and the instruments connected to the 828.

• Hello,

I want to perform live, having 4 channel backtrack playing from the computer: 2ch of audio 2ch of vocals + Virus sounds. The best solution would be getting 2ch from my macbook (vocals for headphones) and 2ch from Virus TI Snow to PA. Using Aggregate device would be best for it, but it doesn't recognize Virus in its list. Is there a solution for it or do I have to bring my multichannel audio interface on the stage? (I wouldn't like to pull apart my rack just for one or few nights)

?(