TI in live performance

• Hi HotzingTone
    Are you using Virus Control ie: with your imac in a live situation
    Or using as standalone analog......
    Need to state more clearly what is happening or not happening !!
    Or what you did to cause these issues.
    I've never had any of the things you stated (in your sometimes list ) happen to me.
    Have you ever filed your problems to 'Support' ?
    Need more info.....Cheers

The Fact Is......"We are all tactile creatures & physical interaction has always been a big part of making music" :D

• I agree with Zummooz - used standalone my TI is one of the most reliable synths I've used as of now - if you really have ALL of the problems you mentioned you need to contact support via e-mail. It's not normal behavior as far as I know or I've experienced.

• "Sometimes it gets mute.
    Sometimes it screams."

totally have the same issue when using it in standalone mode with the lastest OS. last night i re-booted it ''twice'' on stage in front of 30K people..

PS..with PC or MAc it's stable. i couldn't figure it out..

• I use the Virus Control AU plugin in Ableton Live 8, trigger the clips by Max For Live, my Macbook Pro works fine, the USB port is not shared... My studio is clean, gears are connected logically. I do everything I can to make sure I have a ideal working environment.
    However, all those troubles come everyday.

Good to know that not all users meet these problems, but unfortunately I am the bad luck guy.

Anyway, thanks for your suggestions :)

• The only thing I can say/suggest is;

It seems with so many of us agreeing we are having the same issue, Im hoping it must be software, not hardware.
    This, in time, will hopefully iron itself out... Hopefully.

I have respected the virus since I was a teen and now I can afford one, and so desperately want it to work correctly.
    Especially for what we paid for it...

Lets hope we get a reply/acknowledgement to these issues (from access) and then we can all work towards a resolution..

digital.criminal

PS>> Check my post out and try to recreate the same issues me and someone else are having..
    Maybe we can help narrow this down so the Access team can work on it a bit faster...

Ti2 Crash (Loud hiss) in standalone mode (not connected to pc)

• We want someone from ACCESS team to say something about this.
    Someone with full responsibility, let us know what is going on and how they intend to solve it.
    And also, they should show us a schedule about this job.

I suppose everyone including ACCESS team themselves heat these product issues, and strong will is needed here to terminate those annoying problems.

• Thanks Marc,

I've sent Email to Access support, and I am glad that they reply with efficiency.
    The problem has not been solved yet, but I will keep working on it with no delay, hope that it's the same to Access team.

best,

• So Marc,

Your'e telling me this is an isolated issue?
    Most likely hardware, with a few units only?

Seems very odd as this is a group of us with the exact same symptoms.....And they are possible to recreate all on different machines.

Should I return my virus and get a new one? Also why have some had the same issues with many units? (some have swapped units, multiple units)
    Maybe a faulty production run of boards? All Ti2's perhaps? Maybe this is an issue in standalone mode only?
    Can your support team work with us in the forum so we can all speak globally, and publically about this?

digital.criminal

• we will find out for sure what it is. i don't know right now though. maybe you trigger a software bug somehow, maybe the unit is damaged. access support works through our email ticketing system, they will not be able to check the board all the time. if you think there is something worth sharing, don't hesitate to post it on.

best, marc

• HI Marc,

Thanks for the reply. Sometimes I think your job must be difficult - especially when you get in the line of fire for issues you did not create... Damn programmers- :)
    I also work in support so I feel your pain.

I highly doubt my unit is damaged, as we have confirmed this is an issue with many units,(2 of which I have done in my own hands - both TI2's) (unless there was a bad run of boards...dsps...etc.)
    I am sharing everything I find, and trying to keep this information connected so this issue does not die into the forum.
    Any chance you can test these issues out on a unit there in your offices?

Here is a way to invoke the issue;
    Ti2 Crash (Loud hiss) in standalone mode (not connected to pc)

digital.criminal

• So I cant get it to crash, otherwise this would be much simpler to solve...Crashing is totally random...
    However I can get the audio to distort...

Ways to test cpu uage issues and pops/clicks;

Try ROM D 17,
    1. Is your CPU maxed on the right corner of your lcd screen, i.e. full bars?
    2. Trying playing around with it, do you here random clicks, or pops?

Try RAM A 41,

Try RAM A 35,

My Results;

-ROM D17- CPU Maxed out, audio crackles badly when volume knob is at max, only a little when you turn it down a bit though (With at least 10 notes playing-However; any less no problem)
    -RAM A41- CPU is 2 bars, no audio issues even at 15 or so notes, full volume.
    -RAM A35- CPU is 1 bar, no audio issues even at full volume, Patch is monophonic...

Now this is where things get interesting;
    ======================================
    ROM D17
    So it is fully maxing the CPU out right? (With no keys being pressed)
    Well in the Edit/Patch Volume setting, I turned it down to 100 from 111, did not fix distortion... (with many keys being played)
    Weirdest part is; When playing D17, especially with many notes, the CPU usage goes DOWN to 1 bar, but pops/crackles etc....And when releasing the keys, goes back up to maxed out.

Now with just about any patch I select.
    I go to Input mode change it to dynamic, then static, then back to off. Tried playing a few keys and MAD distorted pops and clicks...
    Changed patch to a different one (D18 etc), went back to D17, played as I mentioned before (sounded ok - unless I play many keys at higher volume), then went to edit/Input mode and set to dynamic then static then back to off, and Crackle! same pops and clicks when playing... Until you reload the patch of course...
    \\\This happens with almost any patch I select, once you change input mode patch will distort when played....\\\

Thanks again for your immediate follow-up;

digital.criminal

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von digitalcriminal ()

• I accessed the MULTI mode, the initial multi patch "0 Init Multi" was loaded, I can hear normal sound from PART_01 while I press the AUDITION button, and then I did nothing to the machine but looking at the lcd, rare thing happened: some parameter changed by themselves, the DETUNE, the WAVESELECT, the LFO, the SEMITONE, the SUB VOLUMN, one by one; after that, it sounded differently. I switched off the machine and unplugged the power supply, reset the machine (plug the power supply and press ARP EDIT button), the whole same thing happened again.

Besides that, I found that everytime I switch between multi patches, I have to wait before the new patch is fully loaded, otherwise if I send midi event during this time, the PART_01 will get mute until machine reset.

• if you reduce the oscillator volume instead of patch volume, D17 doesn't distort anymore. the CPU usage meter seems to be right in between two bars, that's why it is changing under certain circumstances. we will alter the sound in the ROM banks, so it doesn't distort anymore.

best, marc

• I post part of the email replied to me from Access, hope that it is useful for other users.

..."Also regarding the Multimode problem: we are aware of a bug of parameters changing randomly by themselves short after switching on TI units in OS 4.0.5 and this will be fixed in an upcoming release."...

• if you reduce the oscillator volume instead of patch volume, D17 doesn't distort anymore. the CPU usage meter seems to be right in between two bars, that's why it is changing under certain circumstances. we will alter the sound in the ROM banks, so it doesn't distort anymore.

best, marc

Sadly there are many more patches that distort. Shall I compile a list of all sounds that have this issue?
    I have encountered at least 8-10...

digital.criminal