What is better for live playing: TI-Desktop or TI-Snow?

• Hi there,

I have no access synth but I want to buy one in the near future, but what is better playing on stage.
    TI-Desktop or TI-Snow? ?(

I got a Clavia NordStage 76 ("Master"-Keyboard) and I do not use any computer on stage.
    It seems Snow has not enough buttons, I have only one hand to modify the sounds while playing,

I cant read the display on dark or very bright stages, but I like the size the most of the snow, very handy!

Maybe there is also a sound difference because of polyphony, I guess this is not so important in a live situation.
    PS: I play only live, no studio, no cd recording.

Thanx, for helping me to make my decision.
    Kurt

On Stage: Clavia Nord Stage 73 + Yamaha Motif XS Rack!
    Home Studio: Clavia Nord Stage 76, Access Virus TI2 Snow, Nord Lead 3, Korg MircroX.

• For live performing Polar is better.
    but if don't want to make various sound on live and use tons of knobs and your you live performing is simple limited to some filter and resonance then snow would be right choice in other hand if you want to play with knobs and change the patches sound during the show i suppose desktop is better and it has more polyphony instead of snow ...

• The "big" versions (i.e. not Snow) are IMHO more suitable for live use because of the greater available polyphony. In studio you have multi-track recording, live you might want to use more voices than available on a Snow, depending on the type of sounds and layering and style you play.

• Really, it depends on what you're doing live.
    The Snow is indeed compact and cute, but from what I've read about it (haven't played one in person), is not well suited for live tweaking. You may get by if you program everything beforehand, and map everything you'll be tweaking to soft knobs or MIDI CC. For me, the knobbiness of a full Virus (I have a TI desktop) is one of its main strengths. I mean, filter envelope, amp envelope, cutoff, resonance, delay, reverb etc. - it's all right there ready to be tweaked at any moment.

I'd say, if you can afford a desktop Virus, go for it!

• Depends how you use it tbh, obviously you can't synthesis quickly live with the snow but if you got the patches made ready and only plan on tweaking a few parameters at a time then the snow is probably all you need, probably better in fact as you can switch patches easier.