Matrix Modulations

• Hello again,

You know, the Virus is so deep and incredibly well built from the oscillators and filters up that it is unthinkable for me to create a patch named "Analog Bass" or "Brass" or (god forbid) "Electric Piano".

No, the Virus is so far beyond the old analog style that there is no need for that any more.

So I have been programming these amazingly complex patches and I constantly find myself using up all 18 Matrix routing sources. I long for at least another Matrix routing page so that there would be a total of 12 sources and 36 destinations so that I can properly mangle and warp the sound using all of the tools in the Virus.

And it wouldn't be that difficult to create a "Page 2" in the software - would it?

Thanks for listening and for making one of the best true synthesizers on the market ever since the MiniMoog arrived.

Jim

• I can't speak for mitchiemasha, but I often use all of the Matrix slots whenever I build "Morphing Patches". These patches are essentially a sound that morphs into a completely different sound by setting the source as the Modulation Wheel on all 18 slots. I use these a lot for Live PA work so that I can squeeze 32 parts out of my Virus TI without having to load a new Ableton Live file mid set.

You should really try it, I promise you will make some interesting sounds!