Powered USB hub solution?

• USB 1.0 ports haven't been manufactured since at least 2002 at least since the USb 2.0 Standard was introduced in 2000.

From a hardware standpoint the port on the TI is 2.0 however it runs at 1.0 speed. I even had a look at the port chipset on my Pølar myself when I disassembled it earlier this year to fix a failed pitch bend wheel and the port is indeed 2.0.

So in essence the TI could run at much higher speeds but its firmware disallows it.

If it was possible in a firmware update you would think they would have done so by now

• > louis1: Has Access team got anything to say about this as i would be interested as well

Read again. And again. And again. Until you find access team members who have already answered! Suppose they know what's inside (the TI) and what's possible or not. The answer leaves no room for speculation of whether the Ti is a USB2.0 device or not and at what speeds it operates.

• @ adn 01...I was actually referring to a couple of posts up about it would be good for the Ti to work on the usb3 socket as in compatible and not meaning it would be usb 2 or 3 for that matter as every one who owns a Ti surely knows that it is usb1.1

• Sorry, I haven't been on the forums in a while, so missed this post. I think this would be good information to include. You can quote or re-write as you feel necessary to make things clear for your target audience. Or google around for some other sources that have a better write-up of this issue than I provided.

cwichura - thank you. this is one of best posts on this topic so far. if you don't mind i would like to quote a portion in the setup guide.