Crashing With TI Snow in Ableton Live

• hi all,

i'm a new user and i have a virus TI snow that "seems" to be crashing ableton live during start up. It's a bit complicated though. so far i have noticed it crashes if i don't have the virus hooked up to my laptop when i am opening a specific live set. this live set has a lot going on, i have absynth running as well as 7up live for using my monome to control and play the virus. it doesn't crash other live set i have virus control in, this one just seems to not like to play nice. crashes always happen on start up.

not sure if this is the virus, or maybe the virus plus 7up. absynth doesn't seem to be a problem. i was running SerialOSC for a spell, and that really seemed to be a trigger for crashes. but i deleted that and now i'm just running arduinomeSerial.

ideas?

i'm on OSX 10.6.8 in a macbook pro and i'm in the lastest beta, but this problem happened on the previous virus os too.

• Are you getting a "send report to Apple" crash log window when Ableton Live goes down? I'm asking for a simple reason: if this is the case, then please copy the content of this "send report to Apple" window into a text file and send me this together with the initial description to

support [at] access-music.de

This report might show which of the running threads actually crashed and therefore it might lead to the culprit.

Best wishes,
    Jörg Hüttner

• hi Jorg,

it does have a crash report fro apple. i copied it in a e-mail and shot it over to you.

thanks for taking a look. like i said, i have no idea if it is the virus. but i would like to have a idea on what is crashing what.

• i figure i would reply here, that way people that might come across the same issue have a place to look up.

one thing i wanted to clear up, the live patch only crashes when i don't have a the virus on and running as my audio interface. so to give a time line of what i'm doing,

i turn on my virus, i open the specific ableton live set and everything loads fine. i play my set and the world is a happy place.

if i don't have the virus on (it can be in standby mode or not connected, i get the same result) and i open that same specific live set, it crashes with the report i sent you.

this only has occurred with that live set. if i open a new set, no problems. if i open a song that i have the virus loaded into, no problem. so far, it is only this one set that crashes, so i'm thinking there is something to the max for live stuff i have and the way it wants to react to the virus. i don't have time to monkey with this today (i have a show tonight) but i'll try and remove different things here and there and see what come of my testing.

good to know it's a max for live thing that is causing the crash. thanks again for the help!!!