An LFO problem and a tempo request

• Hello people,
    While using the VST plugin, I was trying to create a simple bass drum by sweeping a sine using LFO1 as saw envelope. Besides keeping the OSC initial phase static and the punch at maximum, I usually also leave it to be key following so that I can get different kick sounds to match different productions using the same patch.
    I was very pleased with the sound BUT the problem was that when I added more patches in other channels, the bass drum sound started to mutate on its own, in to some kind of cowbell... I isolated it to its own USB output and put it through a scope and what I found out was that when I muted (using the 'M' channel button) all the other channels in the VST window, the bass drum GRADUALLY mutated into the sweep pattern we all know of a sine wave getting wider and wider, and un-muting just one channel was enough to make it gradually change for the worse. It looks like the LFO is stuck on a value at a random place for some time. Un-muting other channels just changed the place where it was stuck.
    I tried both OSCs and different rates and contours, tried to control it through LFO1's first 2 virtual knobs on the left, and through a matrix routing and I get the same behavior. this happened in both 4.1.0 and 4.5.3.

I have a second question, relating to the ARP problems other people mentioned. In addition to what they said, it seemd like the ARP is playing to the wrong tempo (which makes is go in and out of sync in a Steve Reich Piano Phase kind of way...). Is there any way to see what tempo the virus THINKS it is getting from the DAW, besides the LED (which is always off-beat because of the internal delays).