Visage - Fade To Grey Portamento

• Didn't try it yet but the possibilities of approaching this 3 or 4 octave rise would be:

• Pitch bend wheel with pitch bend depth set to 36 or 48 semitones - you need a very stable hand for this one... or an automation in your DAW.
    • Sawtooth LFO in ENV mode modulating pitch, at a very low rate, and the modulation amount needs to be adjusted carefully for the right tuning. I would assign a knob to control the rate so that the duration is adjustable, I guess this way it could be used with a high rate to add some punch in the beginning of the note.
    • Very slow portamento and mono (there are 4 modes, and I keep forgetting which is which so play around), press the low note of the rise and shortly after press the highest note as well. I can't see this patch being used for anything else though...

The sound itself is a very standatd sawtooth OSC through a lowpass filter.

Hope this helps

• It is almost certainly an ARP Odyssey so it might involve some RM, too. You might also get closer using a distortion (saffron, maybe) and the speaker emulator - depending on how precise you want to be.