Soft knobn paramters that actually make sense!

• Time and again I just can't make heads or tails of the soft knob parameters and when I actually go to start make knob assignments, 80 percent of the time the destination - for example "mutate" doesn't do a darned thing.

I don't understand why the list doesn't show you ONLY parameters that work with the source.:cursing:

If I want to assign the distortion tone to a softknob, why can't I just select - "distortion" and then select "tone" from the 2 fields instead of something like field 1 "distrotion" -> "FELATIO-IZE" :rolleyes:

Seriously, I think many users on here would agree that an overhaul of the softknob destinations and parameters into something much more logical and understandable would be a really helpful update. And please, at least make it so that parameters that show up in the dropdpwn list are ONLY parameters that will actually work with the source. I have so many great pacthes that I would love to be able to optimize for quick performance and assigning the soft knobs is often way toooo time consuming currently!

Thanks

• Maybe I didn't get what you were trying to say but the knob labels, such as "destroy", "mutate", "infect" etc. are just pre-made display names (which you can't edit, just like you can't edit categories, but at least can edit patch names). They do not influence the assignment what-so-ever, they are just there to help you remind yourself which knob does what. The destination field is what you are looking for, and if you are looking to control more then one destination with a knob, use a MIDI control as a knob destination, and use that MIDI control as a source in the routing matrix.

• I get it now... Someone posted this over at infekted...

http://vimeo.com/27194981

I didn't understand that when you make your assignments under the "common" page, the labels like "morph", "infect" etc are ONLY LABELS. I assumed that those were some kind of pre-fab set of modulations - I still think it seems counter-intuitive for someone who doesn't get this because in any other condition, when you select a field, you're setting a parameter - not selecting the "NAME" of your parameter morph.

This video is excellent, right to the point ... hope this helps anyone else who might be confused by this as well. :thumbup: