Patch Duplication In Factory Banks

• I've never bothered going through many of the Virus presets before, but recently with a bit of time on my hands I thought I would try & wade through some of them to see what's there. I love the vast range of sounds we've been provided with but one thing I don't get is why there is such a huge amount of patch duplication.

I'm not talking about ROM patches included in RAM banks or backups, some patches can be found in 2 or 3 different ROM banks - as an example I took a screenshot of one particular patch which can be found in two separate ROM banks but one of those ROM banks has it in there twice :wacko:

[Blockierte Grafik: http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/9747/patchduplication.png]

What's all that about ?(

• I haven't got the slightest idea, and I never checked it, but if I were in Access' shoes, I would go about filling up the TI's ROM banks using all the ROM banks of Viruses past, as-is: A, B, C, indigo and classic, plus banks made especially for OS upgrades thereof. As exceptionally good patches are passed on from one generation to another, I bet I would get that complaint exactly.