Virus TI on your setup

• Hi all,

I am starting this thread for people interested or already having a virus TI.I want to know you virus owners experiences with setup configuration.Think of it as this.Most Motherboard sites have ram compalibility and what not.Lets see what your setup is like and how it is doing with the virus TI.I have had 3 different setups.I am only going to say what is going good for me at this time.This is good I think so people can come to this thread and see what kind of compalibility issues they mite come across when buying the virus TI or building a new computer.Of course none of this is gaurentee but it is good to foresee the problems.

I have:

1xIntel DP55WG media board(owned for 9 months)
    2xCorsair DDr3 1333 2gig ram
    2xADAT DDR3 13333 4gig ram
    1xPNY 9800 Geforce 9800 GT
    1xIntel i7 860 CPU
    1xSteinberg/Yam MR816 X Audio interface
    1xCubase 5
    1x Virus Ti MK1
    ***Fans/HDD/PSU does not matter for this

My system has not been stable since purchasing the Virus in 2006.Now when I say unstable.I am talking about VCC/VC.The virus in hardware works but does have problems(going out of tune for a second..).My virus works for 1-3 months.Out of nowhere my VC/VCC will only have a strange click on any sound,no audible sound besides that click.VC does not load also.I have tried uninstalling and deleting everything related to the virus.I cannot reinstall.It renders my virus useless through USB.

I have to reformat my main OS hdd to reinstall.I looked at my motherboards manual's diaphram to see what went where and saw that my usb is shared but my pci is not shared with my usb.So I bought a usb card recently and it is doing fine so far(1 week).I hope it remains stable.Besides the realtime export where the virus can go completly insane and sound like a broken synth that has a mind of its own(sometimes its cool).I will keep updating on my setup and I hope others will post there problems and setup so others can figure things out.

*I have tried every single Virus OS to come out.I am currently on the newest.