Underwater Love EP

• There's some really nice ideas in those tracks. There's good track structure and some nice effects etc.

I listened on Soundcloud and the mixes sound very harsh, almost as if they've been mixed on hifi speakers and the bottom end has been stripped out. I can't quite put my finger on it but there's a certain harshness about them.

Great tracks though.

• Good track indeed :thumbup: But it seems to be a trance producer thing to make it kinda hifi sounding at first. Eventualy they will get beter at mixing.

The same way a person i know (Sied van Riel) did that to his tracks but he finaly learned to mix it different. it's just a wrong way of interpretating the hi frequencies for making more presence in a track like heared in most famous songs. getting more presence is only by putting little extra to high frequencies from 20k up to 5k (5k actualy for the presence). The rest you do by EQ-ing and panning the sounds out of each others way pushing particular (hi) sounds to the front. But that's just how i see it. Good work, keep it up! 8o

http://www.myspace.com/monoproductionstm

DAW: Cubase 5

MB: Asus Rampage Extreme
    RAM: 4x 2GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz
    CPU: Intel core 2 quad @ 3.0 GHz
    GPU: ATI EAH 4890 1GB
    Sound: t.c. eletronic Konnekt 8
    Monitoring: 2x KRK rp6 g2 + 1x KRK rp10s
    DSP: UAD, t.c. eletronic Powercore 6000 including virus powercore
    USB: Virus Ti Polar
    FW: Korg m3

• Good track indeed :thumbup: But it seems to be a trance producer thing to make it kinda hifi sounding at first. Eventualy they will get beter at mixing.

The same way a person i know (Sied van Riel) did that to his tracks but he finaly learned to mix it different. it's just a wrong way of interpretating the hi frequencies for making more presence in a track like heared in most famous songs. getting more presence is only by putting little extra to high frequencies from 20k up to 5k (5k actualy for the presence). The rest you do by EQ-ing and panning the sounds out of each others way pushing particular (hi) sounds to the front. But that's just how i see it. Good work, keep it up! 8o

Hi there,
    ist there any guideline which frequencies one could boost or change to get more presence for weird organ sounds?
    :thumbup:
    Regards Christoph