Sonar X1(rev. d) audio interface buffer too large

• Hi,

I have a similar problem to a user who was trying to use the Fruity Loops application.

I also have connected a TI2 desktop to a W7x64 PC but with Sonar X1(rev.d) and whenever I started the Virus plugin (32 bit) I got the message "Virus TI has discovered a setup problem. Audio Interface Buffer is too Large. Reduce it to 512". His message was slightly different -"The host is using an odd audio interface buffer size which causes communication problems. Please adjust the buffer size to any of the following sample values instead: 64 128 256 512"

After the message the plugin just showed "Starting" and did connect to the Ti.
    I then forced Sonar to use the 64 bit plugin version. It still comes up with the buffer warning but the plugin actually fired up (after syncing all the banks).
    Like the other user my soundcard is also a Creative X-Fi Titanium and it only allows me to put buffer latency on 1,2,4,5,710,20,40,50,60,80,100 etc.
    I am also having trouble getting it to accept the Virus ASIO I/O driver on the latency dropdown - it always reverts to the Creative ASIO I/O.

Should I bite the bullet and use the ASIO4all driver instead of the X-Fi Titanium ASIO driver?
    Shouldn't this all work out of the box without having to install another driver or have Creative created a donkey??

Kind regards,

Richard