Brand new Virus TI crashes Ableton Live every time I use them together

• I just purchased a Virus TI on Wednesday. Every time I use it with Ableton Live it crashes Live.

I have Live 8.2.8
    Mac Lion 10.7.3
    Latest version of Virus TI software
    iMac 21.5 inch 2.5 Intel Core 2 Duo 4 gigs ram (about 6 months old, bought it brand new)

The Virus has it's own dedicated hub, which I located using the system profiler

Live's buffer is set at a 512, which I increased from 256 thinking that would solve the problem.

The TI typically crashes Live when I try to close the TI GUI. It has also crashed Live when I tried to assign usb out 3.

At this point total integration is worthless to me in Ableton Live. As a result, I can only use TI in Logic. Unfortunately, there's some sync problems there. It takes a whole 1 bar pass to get the arps in the Virus TI to sync up to the host tempo.

I'm okay with using the Virus in sequencer mode but I feel like part of the $2500 bucks I spent went towards some total integration. At this point it's not integrated and I'm pretty disappointed.

Can anyone help? I did a search and I mostly found people talking about Windows set ups.

• Support hasn't been able to help me so far. I've sent my crash logs and from the crash logs they can't tell that its the Virus that crashes Live. However, Live only crashes when I use the TI. And it specifically crashes when I try to close the Virus TI GUI. I followed supports instructions on deinstalling and reinstalling the Virus software to no avail. Actually, the problem has gotten worse. Live crashes when I select a TI preset now.

I do not have these problems when I use TI with Logic. I've swapped out the USB cable on the TI and the TI is the only usb device connected to the iMac. Are there any other troubleshooting techniques I can perform?

Has anyone else experienced these problems? Do I have faulty hardware?

BTW - the Virus hardware works fine in sequencer mode