I Still Don't Know How To Use Atomizer

• Embarrassing, yes, I know.

But for some reason, I've read the manual and no, it doesn't explain much for me. I just simply have no clue how to use it. I open up a Cubase project, drop an audio clip of a drum loop. I go over to my Virus which is my soundcard, click "Edit," scroll over to "Inputs" and put "Atomizer" at "On." I play some keys while the track is looping, but I don't here anything happen!

Am I actually supposed to have cables run thruogh the L & R Inputs on my acutally TI? How does this work? What about when I play a track on iTunes with the Virus TI as my soundcard, is it supposed to do something then, too? How do I record what I am atomizing? This is so stressful, someone please, help me!

HP Pavilion Elite e9290f | Intel Core i7-920 at 2.67GHz | Special Slipstreamed Windows XP Media Center 2008 with SP3 | 9GB DDR3 SDRAM | 1TB HDD at 7200rpm | 640GB External HDD | 500GB External HDD | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 1.8GB | M-Audio Delta Audiphile 192 Soundcard | Samsung 2493HM 24" Widescreen Monitor | Samson Active Studio Monitors | Access Virus TI Keyboard Synthesizer | Roland JP-8080 Synthesizer | Waldorf Micro-Q Synthesizer

• yes you have to send the audio through the virus's inputs, or else it isnt processing anything

the way I have it setup in logic, I have a bus that sends two outputs from my audio interface into the virus's inputs, and then i send that back out into the interface through the virus's outputs, and record onto a regular audio channel form the virus outputs

so audio track a (the audio which wants to be atomized) sends to bus 1, bus 1 sends to output 3-4 which go to the virus input, virus outputs to audio track B (the track to record your newly atomized take to)

• Embarrassing, yes, I know.

But for some reason, I've read the manual and no, it doesn't explain much for me. I just simply have no clue how to use it. I open up a Cubase project, drop an audio clip of a drum loop. I go over to my Virus which is my soundcard, click "Edit," scroll over to "Inputs" and put "Atomizer" at "On." I play some keys while the track is looping, but I don't here anything happen!

Am I actually supposed to have cables run thruogh the L & R Inputs on my acutally TI? How does this work? What about when I play a track on iTunes with the Virus TI as my soundcard, is it supposed to do something then, too? How do I record what I am atomizing? This is so stressful, someone please, help me!

Cubase is your problem ( no support for Sidechain ) you need the config to be 3 output / 1 input , which cubase will not support (cubase 5 may support sidechain if using VST3 but i'm not sure). Try Ableton live. and don't use the virus as a sound card. you don't need to route to the L & R Inputs, the config 3 output / 1 input means 3 usb outputs and 1 usb input.
    I last night routed my MP3 player through an ableton audio track with a maximiser, then into my virus (which was set up in ATOMIZER MODE) and using my midi controler keyboard pluged into the virus made some good remixes on the fly. ITs frustating that cubase dosn't support sidechain when its such a well used and needed tool ARRRHHHH.

anywho hope this helps

Cheers Andy

• Zitat

='Joey',index.php?page=Thread&postID=1998#post1998]yes you have to send the audio through the virus's inputs, or else it isnt processing anything

the way I have it setup in logic, I have a bus that sends two outputs from my audio interface into the virus's inputs, and then i send that back out into the interface through the virus's outputs, and record onto a regular audio channel form the virus outputs

so audio track a (the audio which wants to be atomized) sends to bus 1, bus 1 sends to output 3-4 which go to the virus input, virus outputs to audio track B (the track to record your newly atomized take to)

I seem to have the same prob.. I've run the signal as You described (above) and it still wont work! Frekin annoying! I've tried to switch between all outputs on
    my soundcard (Presonus Firepod) to the Virus input, routed EXACTLY as described above, but still.... NOTHING!!!