Virus Ti Slow Response/Lag on new OS5

• Hi there,

I've have just been switching through some various multis i use and its seems to be taking a long time to switch between some of them. Most of them are not particularly DSP intense patches however a lot of the are taking a long time to load. Even switching between some init multis and standard single parts is very laggy having to wait between 5-10 seconds.

I have to say so far I have found OS5 to be much more stable, especially when using the VC plugin. But this slow response did not occur on the previous OS4 version with the exact same patches.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I might be able to speed it up? I've tried giving it a reset but its not better. I have a first generation Virus Ti desktop btw.

Thanks

• That may be the problem then. The virus was still connected to my computer yes although i was not running it into any DAW or using the plugin. I'll give it a go with unplugging the USB and hopefully that will solve it. Thanks.

• Are you referring to the delay in having the lights / display on the Virus itself show when switching patches? I've noticed this too with OS5, but there doesn't seem to be any delay in actually being able to play the new patch - that I can do almost immediately after switching.