Virus Ti 2 With Rack mount?

• I hear it takes more than 4 rack units

And I also hear you have to 'flip the jacks' which requires to open the virus. Is the process really easy? I truly do not want to open my virus. Thank you.

• I bought the rack ears kit the same day I bought my TI2 Desktop, but just last night took it out of the rack and made it a desktop unit again- so it's fresh in my memory. The whole process takes 5-10 minutes and the great majority of that time is screwing/unscrewing. You'll find that the innards of the Desktop are extremely tidy; the jacks you have to rotate are all on the same board, and a single ribbon cable connects them to the mainboard. Just fully disconnect the unit and guard yourself from static hazards before operating and you should be okay.

For what it's worth, due to the configuration of my room, the Desktop was out of physical reach from my DAW, and every single patch I made on my Virus was in Virus Control. Almost every one of the physical knobs on my Desktop is in the same position it was when I took it out of its box. I wanted to get more hands-on with the thing, so I reconfigured my setup to make room for it on a shelf surface next to a keyboard controller.

EDIT: And yes, it ends up taking up 5 rack units due to the weird way it fits into the rack. It uses the bottom row of screws from the top slot and the top row of screws from the bottom slot, leaving space above and below the device. I never liked that.