Remote mode enhancements

• Hi all,

Does anyone use the Remote Mode?

I've been using it this afternoon to create a control surface for my Oberheim Matrix 1000. I was mostly successful, but it would have worked a lot better if a couple of extra features were available:

- Defining values for buttons
    - Defining value ranges and max values for a knob.

Is there any possibility that this might happen one day?

Thanks,

Daniel

• - Defining values for buttons
    - Defining value ranges and max values for a knob.

I've asked this before, sadly it is not possible :(

However, if you load the default remote template from the public remote templates menu then turn the semitone knob you will see it has a value range of 0-12.

I've never been able to limit the range of the knobs in my templates.

• I've asked this before, sadly it is not possible :(

However, if you load the default remote template from the public remote templates menu then turn the semitone knob you will see it has a value range of 0-12.

I've never been able to limit the range of the knobs in my templates.

Hi,

I've been looking into this a bit more. Several of the included templates have values that are limited to 0-11, however there is no way to do this in the VC editor.

Presumably someone at Access has an internal tool with extra functionality.

I even tried looking at a .vrt file with a hex editor to see if I could hack it,. It was obvious that there were different values for the limited parameters, but it was not obvious what the values meant, so no success so far.

Overall, the remote mode editor is woefully incomplete. There seems to be no way to initialise a template, and no way to copy a template from one slot to another, or anything else other than very basic functionality.

It could be extremely useful if it were further developed.

D.