virus ti usb outputs distorting at low levels.

• ive got a new issue with distortion in ableton live on a pc.

using usb inputs and no matter what patch i use there is a very irritating distortion at low levels even.

i thought i heard it a few days ago in another track i was working on but in this new song its far more obvious because of the types of cleaner sounds im using for it.

its not buffer related. its not clipping. I need help.

• How "low" are we talking about when you say "low levels" ? And what type of distortion is this?
    Is there any change if you try to put the sounds in the TI plugin to the highest possible volume levels with the level fader to the left of the plugin and the PATCH VOLUME on the FILTER page of the plugin?

Best wishes,
    Jörg Hüttner

• it dosnt sound quite like digital distortion that ive heard. obviously turning up resonance quite high seems to be able to cause it nice and easily im quite sure you shouldn't be hearing distortion just from turning up the resonance and the filter down on an init patch.

where is it overloading? it shouldn't be.

very easily caused as I said by very large sound in the lower mids.

I should obviously add that its not my sound system.

• Please send me a step-by-step instruction to support [at] access-music.de and if necessary a patch to recreate this issue.
    If you do not send a patch I also need to know the PATCH VOLUME and the Midi Volume setting for the PART selected.
    Only this way do I have a chance to try to recreate what you are running into. Last but not least an audio recording wouldn't hurt either.

Best wishes,
    Jörg Hüttner