Sync and detune problems!! Can't take it any longer!!!

• Hi there,

I've had both out-of-sync and detune problems since I've had my virus TI (3 years).
    I've been patiently waiting for those bugs to be fixed and I'm afraid I can't take it any longer and I'm very tempted to sell my Virus and never buy anything from ACCESS ever again!

It's just too frustrating.
    I was at a live gig once and it went so detuned that I couldn't use it all!! (no computers attached to it!)

If customer support can't do anything about it, it's over for me.
    They are very aware of these problems which have been talked about for ages.

Please could I get some help? At least a detailed list of things I can do to try to fix these things for good.

I'm running a TI with USC cable straight into my MacPro (Intel) using Logic 8 and OS 10.5.8. I've had every update of both Virus and OS, and the problems have persisted regardless of versions or updates.

Arpeggios go crazy out of sync and rare detuning.

Thanks for any help.
    There are quite a few threads of similar/same problems that don't have fixes either - please customer support!!
    A

• Dear A,
    Against your statement here this is not a general problems with the Virus TI at all. Especially if the unit goes out of tune stand-alone and is not connected to any other equipment via the TIs Midi In (so that Midi clock could be send to the TI) or via the SPDIF in (so that any digital clock change could be send to the unit).
    Does the unit do this also on your computer setup if you do not use the Virus Ti Control PlugIn?

And concerning your problems when the TI is connected to your Mac Pro setup:
    - what is the audio buffer size currently set to in the Logic audio preferences panel?
    - what is the "process buffer range" set to in the same preferences panel?
    - is the TI used as the audio interface or which device is used for this?
    - what other USB devices are connected to your Mac setup besides the TI and mouse/lkeyboard?
    - to which USB port is the TI currently connected?
    - and last but not least: have you exchanged the USB cable to exclude this possible source of error?

Best wishes,
    Jörg Hüttner

• I´m sorry to say that. But it is a general problem. I bought my :wacko: virus 3 years ago and since access is releasing new drivers it´s getting really bad. Virus shuts down. Virus not detecting in the New Mac OS (10.5.8). During producing it looses the USB connection and so on. I´m really dissapointet too.

I mean a synth wich costs over 2.000 euros should work without any problems and should not be effected off any other usb devices.... I mean you guys are not the only one with usb synths and controler. And actually i have different software synths wich sounds even louder and better than the TI. sorry to say that. but it never worked clean. NEVER.

PS: And the on/off button for the TI is a pain in the ass too.

Any ideas for me. I tried all the things you wrote above.

• i have many problem of sync ( tempo ) with my virus TI2 and Ableton live ... when i launch ableton the sync is ok but after 20 minutes my virus is out of tempo and i must restart ableton to resync.

i use VC and OS 3,3 under snow leopard

• [quote=During producing it looses the USB connection and so on.
    [/quote]

+1 It`s years that I`m having this problem on my mac running 10.5.8! it looses connection when i`m in Cubase4 ALL THE TIME !! After an hour or so....! I have to quit my daw and restart my set up!!! so access, it`s not an one man problem......!!!and I bought it 3 years ago too !!!!!!!!

• it doesn't help much if other chime in with _different_ problems. can we please focus on gutr2's problem and help him out.

gutr2:

when you say sync problem, do you mean that the virus plays notes with a static offset or do you mean that some notes are early or late? the out-of-tune problem is a known issues and should have been fixed in a version > 3.1 if my memory serves me right.

best, marc

• [quote=During producing it looses the USB connection and so on.
    [/quote]

+1 It`s years that I`m having this problem on my mac running 10.5.8! it looses connection when i`m in Cubase4 ALL THE TIME !! After an hour or so....! I have to quit my daw and restart my set up!!! so access, it`s not an one man problem......!!!and I bought it 3 years ago too !!!!!!!!

do you use UAD plug in when you compose your track ?

have you try to disable all computer energy saver ( screen saver, stop dd when unused, shutdown monitor ... )

since i have disable all energy saver and since i use not UAD plug in on compose mode, i have a good sync with my virus ...