Virus TI Desktop and Studio one DAW

• Hi :) I'm trying to figure out the best way to setup virus in Studio 1 . to be able to use all of the knobs and buttons to send controller messages . and if anyone knows if it can be done here ,
    also what DAW you know of works great and flawlessly with virus TI desktop , maybe I may need to switch . ?(

• I tried Studio One, but wasnt impressed. I Use Cockos REAPER its a free (pay after uncrippling trial) DAW and is the best DAW i have ever used, i paid for the licence, but they rely on your "goodwill & honesty" to pay, but it is worth twice the asking price IMHO.
    Anyway, there is a template for using the Virus as a instrument within Reaper, and it works for me without issues, but it depends what you want to do really. Reaper is not a supported DAW by Access, but it doesnt mean it wont work. I use the physical analog outs of the virus and use the USB part for midi/VC control, so its not an issue. I dont have any timing issues when recording, but if you use USB audio (via virus soundcard) you may or may not run into timing problems, but this can be overcome in Reapers audio latency compensation, in prefs, (im no expert, but if you search these forums for Reaper you will find it, along with a template someone kindly uploaded to use in Reaper)

Thats my 10p worth, give it a go, you have absolutely nothing to lose, but plenty to gain!... good luck :thumbup: