Virus TI and Cubase 5 switching to 44.1 @ startup

• Hi,

I use virus TI with latest OS with cubase 5 under window 7 64bit.
    I use Virus as Audio card and vst instruments.
    When I create a session and everything is @ 48K I save it, close Cubase and start the session again.
    When cubase loads the virus VST the session switches to 44.1 and cubase asks me to convert audio file.
    I have to say no , change the project setup sample freq. and then everything it's ok.

Why TI vst starts at 44.1 by default, How can I force it to 48K ?

The problem it's not present if I'm not using the VST, but you know, a TI it's a pretty expensive stereo audio card ... :D

• that is weird. when you goto setup project, you can set the project freq from 44 to 48 etc from there and it will save this track with that setting. and indeed you can create a template just for your Virus ti sessions and make sure the project setup is at the correct freq. it will load that back into cubase each time you launch that specific template. if this is a Virus specific issue, then my apologies in advance. i hope you get it sorted soon
    you may find posting this to the steinberg forum might be useful too if this is a cross over issue between hardware and daw plus a few other users may have trod there before you

• Thanks everybody for the answers.

I've already done a template @ 48k but everytime i load it or use everyhing switch back @44.1

Today i found this file on my desktop...:

Virus TI System Profile 2014-02-09 10-10-54.issue

It's a binary file, but at the end it's readable:

host canDo sendVstTimeInfo
    HostVendor:
    HostProduct: Cubase
    HostVendorVersion: 0
    HostLanguage: 1
    SyncToHost enabled, will generate Midiclock
    Not using Parameter Mapping
    setInitialDelay(3072)
    configuring 2 IN/6 OUT

any idea where it comes from ?

it's old but i didn't noticed it before.